Barca v Madrid - Getting tickets..

AndyM3000

My mate said he wanted to do it and im up for going but the tickets on the internet are about £300 each. I think I would pay around £200 for one but im always concerned I will get scammed with fake tickets.

Anyone ever got tickets for big games aborad before?

I went to this game in 2004 never had tickets before i went out there and never had tickets till 15 mins before kick off! Its a game of poker really. If you go there will be plenty of people offering tickets at stupid prices in the pubs and bars on the day of the game. We avoided those and just rocked up to the Nou Camp. There was me and a mate and 2 other lads that we met out there. We got tickets for face value off some season ticket holders that were from Majorca, their friends could not make it so were happy to take face value.

After that good fortune i thought i would try the Bernabau later on in the season for the return game, but that was much tougher and i was not prepared to pay the silly prices they wanted outside the ground. Ended up watching that in a bar.

I guess its just luck. Hope this helps!?

Cheers for the replies, I think its a bit risky to go over without a ticket as the main reason we would be going is to watch the game.

Think its going to cost too much this now at such short notice, unless we decide to go to another league game we will have to try again next year.

If you are going for that game alone then I guess it's more of a risk. When I went we spent a week in Spain based it around footy and chose a week with Champions League fixtures. Group stage is easy to get tickets for so that was not an issue. Overnight trains and internal flights are cheap so after the bonus of El Classico it was off to Madrid to watch Real v Leverkusan on a night train you get your own bed included in the ticket then a flight back to watch Barca v Celtic. With Uefa Cup being on Thursdays now you can watch a game most days if you have the time and money.

The first El Classico is normally in November so if you sack this one off you have time to plan and save. Just remember when the Spanish league fixtures come out they are all shown as a Sunday kick off but the games get moved for TV and that can be just a couple of weeks notice before the actual fixture.

Â