Take A Bow Son! Take A Bow!

villa-revolution

To all the brave hardy souls who turned up at a bitterly cold Villa Park last night to support our claret & blue heroes I would just like to say "WELL DONE" lads & lasses your loyalty & commitment are without question, especially on the back of such a depressing F A Cup exit at Arsenal.

The fella who sits next to me travelled all the way up from Newton Abbot & had to cross all types of ice/frost/snow bound terrain for the privilege of watching Warnock's demonstration of how to head in the perfect own goal at The Holte End! ( Cheers for that Stephen! )

As for me, well I'm only a paltry 3 miles, 272 Yards & 7 inches from our sacred home , but the person that I would like to identify is the UK based fan who travelled the furthest yesterday to watch this match.

Who ever you are, ( man, woman or child) step forward now & TAKE A BOW SON! TAKE A BOW!

It was very cold but after an average (not dire!) 40 minutes and a couple of howlers, the last 50 minutes made up for it. There was a good atmosphere in the centre of the Upper Holte with the few mutterers more than drowned out by some apreciatative applause at the final whistle.

Considering this season's poor home form, the alleged hatred for our manager, the freezing cold and low key mid-week opposition the predictions of 28k proved unfounded. I'm glad those who are able to get to Villa Park have kept the faith and were rewarded with an entertaining match. :)

Â