2012 Africa Cup of Nations

TRS-T

We never hear anything about the Asian Cup. It gets no press coverage at all, I do not even know who the holders are, I would guess South Korea or Japan.

I'm sure you have Googled it by now, but Japan and Saudi Arabia have dominated the competition over the past thirty years.  Japan are current champions and have won four of the past six tournaments, South Korea haven't won it since 1960 but have been losing semi finalists in three of the past four.  Australia have moved into the Asian region from Oceania and you would expect them to become a force in the not too distant future, possibly starting in 2015 when they are hosts.  

Surprised South Korea have not won it since 1960, when it comes to the world cup, they are the Asian country who usually performs the best.

Nigeria I think have a set of players worthy of being African champions. Quality throughout their side. I think this group of players is nearly as good as the 1994 and 1998 teams..nearly. When players like Odemwingie and Anichibie can not get in the team. I  am surprised it is only their 3rd win, as you would presume they are one of the power houses of African football, plus the competition is every 2 years, or in this case 1 year.

We never hear anything about the Asian Cup. It gets no press coverage at all, I do not even know who the holders are, I would guess South Korea or Japan.

Good point.

The Africa Cup of Nations gets more coverage than the Copa America.

Â