Could Noah's Ark hold all the animals?

steaknchips

Can i ask a question...

If there is a God, why does such horrible things happen to good people? why are children born with disabilities? why do good people die young?

In a nutshell to fill out Wainy's post a bit more.

Because the very first human pair turned their back on God and gave up the chance of never dying. The Bible states that as we are their offspring we therefore inherited that sin and death and the consequences.

The fact that the first human pair rebelled against God left a question open that mankind could rule himself without interference.. Since that time God has permitted mankind to indeed rule himself by any form of government he chose for a long period of time.

God didn't abandon mankind - he set in motion a plan for a perfect man - Jesus Christ to prove that a man could maintain his integrity and faith in God even to death.

Jehovah set a time limit for this period of self government of the Earth, to take place even if it meant as a landlord standing back and watching the tenants almost ruin it....... and ruining it they are... just as they were in Noah's day.

He then promises in the Bible, that a new world government will take charge of Earth's affairs headed by Jesus Christ and that ALL of the effects of sin and death will be undone under those peaceful, paradise conditions. He promises at that time that sickness and death will be eliminated and that there will be a resurrection, so that eg people that died youngl, were disabled etc will have a chance to live again under those conditions.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really are as crazy as a shithouse rat.

Oh dear...

Would just add of course that the response above is not from me but what the Bible teaches. Didn't bother posting quotes of scriptures to back it all up cos I didn't think anyone would wish to read them.

The Watchtower Society spent decades promoting its most prominent doctrine that the end would occur in 1914. Should a person trust the Watchtower Society when it was proven so dramatically wrong? Can a person trust the Watchtower Society when it continues to resort to deception when presenting its history? How can a person belong to an organization that refuses to accept responsibility for its mistakes, passing the blame to its faithful followers?

You really are as crazy as a shithouse rat.

Oh dear...

Would just add of course that the response above is not from me but what the Bible teaches. Didn't bother posting quotes of scriptures to back it all up cos I didn't think anyone would wish to read them.

But it is what you believe, isn't it Julie?

You can't use scripture to back up an assertion that you believe in because you have been instructed to believe that way. The bible is a book. It is not the word of god. It is a device to control people. It didn't exist until well along in the chain of man's existence on earth.

Do you want me to put a list of "actual" scientists who believe and will attest to the above?

But it is what you believe, isn't it Julie?

Oh yes sorry didn't mean to suggest otherwise just thought my post sounded a bit like it was my opinion on matters.

I beleive....far from fearing the day Jehovah steps in and puts matters right on the Earth....it's something to look forward to because

of the blessings it will bring to the Earth and mankind.

The world we live in just seems to be getting more and more wicked each and every single day.

The world we live in just seems to be getting more and more wicked each and every single day.

I'd say the world's a fantastic place compared to the shit that went down in the bible.

If the world woke up tomorrow and religion didn't exist, now that would be a much more harmonious society.

It's the fundamentalists hanging on to this retarded notions of a fairy king coming down from the sky that is the reason for most of what's **** up in soceity.

You can't use scripture to back up an assertion that you believe in because you have been instructed to believe that way

Really?!!... It is HIGHLY unusual for me NOT to back up what I've said. I had a discussion with you earlier about Jesus and Barabbas

and I knew exactly what scriptures backed up what I'd posted in response to you.

Just quickly I can think of Daniel 2:44 and Revelation 21: 1 to 4

I have to drive back to Cumbria now but I can if you want post scriptures to back up every single part of what I've said.

I'd say the world's a fantastic place compared to the shit that went down in the bible.

If the world woke up tomorrow and religion didn't exist, now that would be a much more harmonious society.

It's the fundamentalists hanging on to this retarded notions of a fairy king coming down from the sky that is the reason for most of what's **** up in soceity.

You would be still posting on here so it would still be pretty **** up.

Sorry had to do it :lol:

You can't use scripture to back up an assertion that you believe in because you have been instructed to believe that way

Really?!!... It is HIGHLY unusual for me NOT to back up what I've said. I had a discussion with you earlier about Jesus and Barabbas

and I knew exactly what scriptures backed up what I'd posted in response to you.

You're wrong about Barabbas but I don't expect anything less from a person that mindlessly reads every word of the bible as literal truth, failing to acknowledge the fact that in parts it has gone through 3 different language translations.

It is your inflexiblity that is your downfall. You are doomed to believe in what you are instructed as a law of sorts. This unsurprising of people who did not grow up with religion but chose on their own volition and extremely so of a brainwashing cult like JW.

the world ain't no worse nor better than it was thousands of years ago.

better in someways (medicine etc) but the means of being shit to other people has just changed with the times.

take away the glitz and the glamour and the ipods and the high-powered rifles and people would still find a way to exploit others or bash their heads in.

Having visited New Zealand twice it is a very beautiful place with comparitively few people.

There are lots of fantastic places on earth, and lots of lovely things that happen. Newspapers of course concentrate on the bad news, but are things honestly any worse now than at other times in our history? I would say not. As Kiwi says, most of the world's big problems have been caused by the various religions. If people just stopped believing in nonsense, the world would automatically be a better place. Just imagine if all the land and cash that the various churches own was redistributed to actually do something useful.

Letting people die instead of having a blood transfusion, now that's truly wicked. I wonder how many innocent lives have been wasted as a result of that lunacy.

We had a whole thread about this topic...from YOUR original question.

Some Doctors and Nurses are Jehovah's Witnesses themselves and you fail to mention that Hospital Liason committees work tirelessly all over the world with Doctors to try and ensure this happens as few times as possible with the use of alternative medicine.

Jehovah's Witnesses don't reject medical treatment, they just request non blood medical management.

Special hospitals have been set up all over the world to administer bloodless surgery and many people who aren't Jehovah's Witnesses ask doctors not to use blood because of the health risks.

Bloodless Medicine has been so successful that the US Army is now requiring all of it's field doctors to be trained in Bloodless medicine for use in the field.

Strict Jews will not accept blood transfusions also.

You're wrong about Barabbas

So you are honestly trying to claim that Jesus Christ and Jesus Barabbas are one and the same person?

IIRC Josephus mentions both seperately.

Jesus Christ as a historical figure also appears in Roman writings as does Pontious Pilate.

Letting people die instead of having a blood transfusion, now that's truly wicked. I wonder how many innocent lives have been wasted as a result of that lunacy.

We had a whole thread about this topic...from YOUR original question.

Some Doctors and Nurses are Jehovah's Witnesses themselves and you fail to mention that Hospital Liason committees work tirelessly all over the world with Doctors to try and ensure this happens as few times as possible with the use of alternative medicine.

Jehovah's Witnesses don't reject medical treatment, they just request non blood medical management.

Special hospitals have been set up all over the world to administer bloodless surgery and many people who aren't Jehovah's Witnesses ask doctors not to use blood because of the health risks.

Bloodless Medicine has been so successful that the US Army is now requiring all of it's field doctors to be trained in Bloodless medicine for use in the field.

Strict Jews will not accept blood transfusions also.

That's all well and good, and no doubt you're readying lots of links to the US military's pioneering work in bloodless surgery, but ignoring that, if a child was rushed into hospital in an emergency and the only way to save their life was to give them several pints of blood immediately, a JW wouldn't agree to it and that child would die.