Not getting on a Flight

tonyh29

not tried this before as usually i just take direct flights but

I've found a flight option to get me to Beijing next year with a 1 day stop off in Helsinki on the way back ..

London - Beijing- Helsinki - London is £570

if I remove the London Leg from the trip it goes up to £900 so i need to keep the London leg in when i purchase

however my plan is have the night in Helsinki then take the ferry over to Estonia and fly back from there a few days later with Estonain Air

(the £570 flight only comes up on that specific date otherwise I'd have just gone for a Helsinki flight a few days later but it goes up to £890)

If I buy the £570 ticket and don't take the last flight can the airline charge me anything extra (i.e the difference between £900 and £570 )

or do they really not care if I don't turn up for it ?

Most likely they'll re-sell the seat. Especially if you let them know, a short time beforehand, that "due to unforeseen...etc"

They probably won't care, if it's a decent airline. Budget ones may act differently.

• 2 weeks later...

If you miss any sector of a flight, then your ticket is cancelled. Being the final sector in this instance, the cancellation will not affect you.

This doesn't apply to 'low cost' airlines, as each sector is sold as a separate flight.

Â