NottingVilla

Our attendance today. Is this a record low for a season opener? I can't remember a prem game that low never-mind the first match of the season.

How long you been a supporter pal? is this a record low for a season opener? not even close. Can't remember a Prem game that low really? under Big Ron in 1992/93 the season we finished 2nd we got 19k odd against Crystal Palace and that wasn't considered exceptionally low.

Todays crowd was disappointing but not anywhere near as bad as you are making out. McLeish hasn't lost us 8k fans. Lack of ambiton by the board and people losing their jobs/feeling a financial pinch certainly won't help attendances though.

You are living in a dream world if you think the appointment of McLeish hasnt cost the club some fans this season..You did see the protests on the news didnt you? "We dont want McLeish"...Those were fans that probrably do go to the games, as they "did" bother to go to the protest in their Villa shirts...And what about the 1000's of fans that didnt want to bother protesting? Its likely many of those havnt re-newed their season tickets..I know at least 4 friends of mine that havnt re-newed because of the appointment of McLeish...AND "NOT" BECAUSE THE BOARD HAV'NT SPLASHED OUT ANOTHER 100m...

We can all enjoy our 1st home win of the season...And I surely hope there are many more. But our defence still looks crap, our midfield defensively also looks crap and we still lack creativity.. Its still gonna be a long hard season...

Our attendance today. Is this a record low for a season opener? I can't remember a prem game that low never-mind the first match of the season.

How long you been a supporter pal? is this a record low for a season opener? not even close. Can't remember a Prem game that low really? under Big Ron in 1992/93 the season we finished 2nd we got 19k odd against Crystal Palace and that wasn't considered exceptionally low.

Todays crowd was disappointing but not anywhere near as bad as you are making out. McLeish hasn't lost us 8k fans. Lack of ambiton by the board and people losing their jobs/feeling a financial pinch certainly won't help attendances though.

I'll echo that and say that I'm one of those people. I'm picking and choosing games again this season starting with Newcastle.

Lack of money is the only thing that will stop me buying a season ticket, even if I had to go and sit on my own! I didn't like the appointment of McLeish and I certainly don't feel overjoyed at having to see the likes of Warnock and Ireland playing again. I also wish that we would buy a few more players as I do think we will struggle to finish inside the top 10 with that we have, despite yesterdays result and performance. But, I love the club and the feeling that match day brings and I would miss that too much to want to give it up!

If people stay away because of finances then fair enough, I can understand that. I also accept that people may want to stay away to prove a point to the board with regards to the appointment of the manager and lack of signings etc. However, I can't understand this because, who are you hurting most - the club, yourself or both?

I bet there were hundreds, probably thousands, of Villa fans who watched Match of the day or Football first last night and wished they were there to see the 3 great goals that our strikers scored yesterday!