Photography?

trimandson

anotherplacewn7.jpg

another place

(in fact its the same place, the same wind farm from roughly the same spot, much wider lens but that's what the statues are called - same bloke that did Angel of the North)

I know this isn't ebay but it's relevant:

For sale:

Nikon d70s body, boxed as at retail and as new condition. Upgrading to d200.

£265 inc royal mail special delivery (or cash on collection for a little less)

Pm if interested

That's a nice upgrade. If I was a Nikon shooter I think that probably is what I would be using right now, it's a cracking camera from what I gather.

Granted, that is certainly the case! I would be lying if I didn't admit to a twinge of envy any time I see someone with a D2X, a 5D or a 1D Mark II,

all lovely pieces of kit and it looks like you have some very nice glass, too.

I love the auto iso on the d70s and according to the d200 it doesn´t have that... I like that feature and think the d70s is a great camera, super lite compared to my s2pro as well.

Granted, that is certainly the case! I would be lying if I didn't admit to a twinge of envy any time I see someone with a D2X, a 5D or a 1D Mark II,

all lovely pieces of kit and it looks like you have some very nice glass, too.

no point in having a great body and putting cheap glass on it

Its the best thing I've ever bought, the glass should last a lifetime-ish (hopefully), the body won't need changing for a good while yet imo it does everything I need (and a whole lot more), I'm lucky that I was able to afford it all, very lucky indeed

Now all I need is the time to get out there and Shoot :evil:

Amen to that.

I was warned by a friend who had been there about what would happen. "As soon as you grab your first high-end lens that is all you'll ever want".

He was right but as you say, it is a superb investment, should last a lifetime and retain a good level of their original value. There aren't too many things that you can use on a daily basis for years that you can say that about. Still don't want to add up what I've spent on them, though!

I'll post some shots to join in with the fun when I've worked out how. I'm guessing I need to link them to a hosted site like Photobucket, Flikr etc.

I use imageshack

Then post the very bottom url using the image tags ie:

[img]paste the url here[/img]

That's FIFA :-)

EDIT by Bicks - clearing in the woods on a Brick :evil: - Ta drat I'll change it - too many windows open grrrrrr

I think Sit Down Potato Head still uses film but he doesn't post any of his photo's on here as a result

privateer, that is one great sunset!

drat - what type of flower was that you posted btw?

I still use it sometimes. In fact, over the last few months I have just bought two more high quality film bodies because I intend to do a bit more film shooting alongside the digital stuff. I like the fact that the SLRs are full frame whereas my DSLRs are 1.5 crop. Also, shooting film slows me down a bit a makes me think about what I'm shooting a bit more and how.

I think Sit Down Potato Head still uses film but he doesn't post any of his photo's on here as a result

privateer, that is one great sunset!

drat - what type of flower was that you posted btw?

Peony

A tripod is something I really should use more, for what it does to the thought process and the more obvious reason of enabling the taking of shots that wouldn't be viable handheld. My problem is most of the shooting I do is when I go abroad so I tend not to take one.

Here's another one from the few I have in Photobucket. If you ever see this in the wild this close it will be the last thing you ever see! It is a demonstration of the territorial instincts of a saltwater crocodile. The black object is a hard plastic ball on a rope and the croc is in the process of slamming a 1000lb per sq inch bite on it.

PICT0463.jpg

I just got a canon 28-105 USM, 80-200, 75-300 and a speedlite 380ex second hand for £110 :)

I'm well chuffed as they're in 'as new' condition too!!!

Who wants to touch me?

Â