I'm coming home!

PriceyDownunder

Hi all,

Making my first trip to VP in 30 (yes 30) years for this match. Am flying home for the first time since I was a lad, on Thursday 19th for a four week holiday, and managed to score the last two seats (together - that's what she said anyway) in the Doug Ellis.

Was wondering if anyone has any suggestions/ideas for the wife and I to make a day of it? Will be staying with relatives at Great Barr...

Thanks in advance...

Welcome back home mate, i can't suggest much as am not a brummie But i hope you enjoy the weekend/game.

Breakie - am going straight to the "Yard & Ale", just down from the city centre Villa store round the corner from the bull ring (New street??)- fab - can't wait!

Thats all i can suggest am afraid!

darthvadernoooo1.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Who else does a fan fooking tastic fry up in preparation for a heavy days drinking!

I think you would be better off heading to Broad Street Sunday morning, pubs on the canal will do you a good breakfast I would think.

You could try the Square peg

Address: Temple Court, 115, Corporation St, Birmingham, West Midlands, B4 6PH

Tel: 0871 951 1000

The Square Peg do a good breakfast by all accounts. I'm not too sure about anywhere else in town, though, as I tend to go to a cafe in Bournville.

When I was a kid and I used to go to town every Saturday with Mom, there used to be a brilliant cafe on the corner next to Argos Superstore, opposite Oasis. I'm not sure if it's even there now, but it was class back in the day. Anyone know if this place is still going/any good?

The Yard of Ale has closed down and is now a Chinese restaurant. :|

int it true you could see mice in it anyway?? Sure a mate once worked ther and frequently saw mice running across the skirting boards etc.

Have to say i never saw any

Cheers lads, The Square peg sounds good, looked up there & know where it is roughly.I'll give it a try on Sunday sure.

I heard henneseys on digbeth high street is goood but not sure exactly where its at.

Any nice late bars/pubs for Sunday? Am not really the nightclub type, presume Last orders on a Sunday are around 11??

Sorry if am highjacking your thread Pricey!!

No worries SF, the more info the better... Beaufort + taxi sounds good. Is traffic around the ground any good? Thought a lift from our hosts might work, but maybe not...?

Is there anything happening at the ground at all? Just thought being last match of the season, maybe...

Keep 'em coming...

Wont the square peg be full of SHA ? Heard its a moody place at times.....but if you get out of there in good time then fair enough.

Wont the square peg be full of SHA ? Heard its a moody place at times.....but if you get out of there in good time then fair enough.

Serious?? cheers for the heads up.

Best not go in sunday so, with my Villa top on & all.

Might try it tomarrow morning when i get into the city.

Serious?? cheers for the heads up.

Best not go in sunday so, with my Villa top on & all.

Might try it tomarrow morning when i get into the city.

I might be wrong for sunday but when you think about it, a lot of SHA drink in town & if that place has SKY then along with the cheaper booze (if its still a weatherspoons pub)along with the big chance they go down it could get nasty. It has kicked off there before on a sunday,so....well, I'd give it a miss just in case. Better off going to a pub nearer VP.

That said - enjoy your day !

I might be wrong for sunday but when you think about it, a lot of SHA drink in town & if that place has SKY then along with the cheaper booze (if its still a weatherspoons pub)along with the big chance they go down it could get nasty. It has kicked off there before on a sunday,so....well, I'd give it a miss just in case. Better off going to a pub nearer VP.

That said - enjoy your day !

Fantastic day... Spent BIG a the Villa Store. Big (IMO - gives me something to brag about back in Oz) win against big opposition. Scum down... Great day... Wife wants to sit in the Holte next time we come over... Brilliant atmosphere...

Cheers everyone...

Fantastic day... Spent BIG a the Villa Store. Big (IMO - gives me something to brag about back in Oz) win against big opposition. Scum down... Great day... Wife wants to sit in the Holte next time we come over... Brilliant atmosphere...

Cheers everyone...

:lol:

Â