Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said Lambert from start of last season however he won't leave Norwich now in my opinion.
I also wanted him here last summer, its a massive pity that Randy decided to go down the road he did, Its up to him to now to put things right, if GH isn't coming back i'd like us to go after Lambert, like yourself though i can't see him jumping ship.

I've said Lambert from start of last season however he won't leave Norwich now in my opinion.

Lambert has never made a secret of his ambition. Norwich cannot match that ambition and not just financially. They are a success story sure but only at their level.

Moving to VP would be an ideal next step for Lambert and I think that if it were offered, he would find it very difficult to turn down.

Lambert nearly walked out to join Burnley halfway through the season. I'm sure he'd love a shot at Villa, despite getting Norwich promoted. The objective has been achieved at the canaries, he owes them nothing.

Give me Moyes, finish 5th-7th and fill up our trophy cabinet with FA and Carling Cups, i'll be happy. Oops and maybe a Europa Cup.

This.

I think we should make it our aim to win these trophies in the following order:

1. Europa League

2. FA Cup

3. Carling Cup

Forgot about the Premier League and the Champions League.

Like you say, let's fill up our trophy cabinet.

Blues are the last team in the West Midlands to open their trophy cabinet for a new arrival.

This must be addressed ASAP.

This must

Nice one TRS-T thought I would get butchered for not wanting to be a Sky 4 Team. Agree on getting trophy cabinet open....but first thing first FA Cup please, oneupmanship on the sty dwellers.

Seriously?

We are Aston Villa FFS!

Oneupsmanship? The only ship they have one up with is the **** titanic.

We won't see trophies for a while. The board currently have no ambition.

dont be ridiculous.

They thought it was perfectly fine that GH fielded a weak team in the Eastlands when the next round was Reading at home. They showed no signs of anger when it happened and I don't even think the club apologised despite the fact the FA cup is important to us, especially considering our neighbours won the Carling Cup just days before it. No excuses to do it when we only had two PL games in the months that were two weeks apart and we lost both games anyway. It made no logical sense whatsoever. It was bloody embrassing that we looked so weak and didn't even care infront of all the ITV spectators. The fact the manager said he would do it again and the club would still continue to back him if he didn't fall ill speaks volumes.

It's bloody obvious that all the club is concerned about is staying in the top league while trimming the wage bill and spending less on transfers. They've shown no signs whatsoever of wanting another trophy in the cabinet this season and I doubt they will for a fair while.

They showed no signs of anger when it happened and I don't even think the club apologised despite the fact the FA cup is important to us, especially considering our neighbours won the Carling Cup just days before it. No excuses to do it when we only had two PL games in the months that were two weeks apart and we lost both games anyway. It made no logical sense whatsoever.

Perhaps this is one of the mistakes the General has alluded to. Again though, what can they do about it? Tell the Manager not to do it again? They might as well be picking the side themselves.

Guus Hiddink...pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Good shout, would he come to us?

Surely he would prefer a PL club with spending money rather than the Turkish national team? He would be my No.1 choice, he made an average Russian team with 2 good players look amazing at Euro 2008 and he was only at Chelsea temporarily and he won an F.A. Cup and they didn't want him to leave, took South Korea to latter stages of 2002 World Cup with great entertainment and causing upsets. He seems to be able to get the absolute best out of players and is well respected.

I didn't even think of him, would be a great manager but again its another old guy (65?) who probably has 5 years left in him, giving us yet another 4/5 year cycle. We need a manager who can come in and build his team, make his legacy and be more than a 5 year fix.

I didn't even think of him, would be a great manager but again its another old guy (65?) who probably has 5 years left in him, giving us yet another 4/5 year cycle. We need a manager who can come in and build his team, make his legacy and be more than a 5 year fix.

Van Gaal? Klinsmann? Jol?

Van Gaal? Klinsmann? Jol?

Lambert, Villas (why not take a shot at him?). We need somebody who can make a dynasty and create something that is long lasting.

The usual fix is that a manager comes in, builds a team, limited or little success, new manager comes in after about 4 years and things start again. Its not working, it hasn't been working for years, keeping replacing managers does not do anything for us. We need to make something from bottom to top with one man who can stay with us for 10+ years.

Perhaps Moyes is that man as he shown great loyalty and is only 48.