• Nobby Solano
    • Gavin McCann
    • J`Lloyd Samuel
    • Thomas Sorenson
    • Gareth Barry
    • Thomas Hitzlsperger
    • Mark Delaney
    • Darius Vassell

King Olof for me. If he sees out the peak of his career with us he'll be a legend.

Juan is close behind as our primary goalscorer but the period under GT probably means he'll never play for long enough at his best to earn the same status. i hope 4 seasons of 20+ league goals will change my mind though.

Olof just...

JPA close second...

Defensive players are often ignored when it comes to this kinda thing.

Mellberg could walk into any team in this country (even arse or manure) and improve them... i don't know if JPA wold do the same.

My father would probably go for Delaney... followed by Rob Edwards untill a month or so ago... its strange how patriotic the welsh can be...

Delaney is probably our most under-rated player... but not our best

i did it by thinking who am i most gutted about missing out on the team, and there was only one choice, ollie, half of that might be because we have no back-up but that's not the point, even if we did i still hate not having him playing

Goals win games. If you dont score you dont win.

Has to be JPA

who's scored more this season? :lol:

i'll stick with my initial vote!

as man city found out you actually need to defend as well, keegan doesn't seem to have realised yet though

Good to see Mellberg in the lead. I think he is our best player by quite a way.

Not only is he a goalscorer, the captain & the rock at the back, but he is also the hardman. Not a media labelled one like Savage, he is a genuine hardman.

As Tom said he is good enough for any team in this league.

Dear Juan Pablo Angel - as you are so fond of Olof (by the way he is my second favourite player at Villa) - why don't you change your name to "The Mighty Olof" or something like that. I have always thought it could be very confusing for innocent people that might visit this board (hmm-not a good idea I suppose) but they might really think you are the real JPA - then they would not understand your comments. Also, might you be in trouble if the real JPA found out you were using his name? Just wondered that's all. :?: :)

Shhhh, don't say that too loudly, he might be reading this and get ideas. Although I think he likes it at Villa...

he's more than happy here, to him football is just like any other career, he's not the ambitious person in the world by any means

he is paddy. not just in the 'i want to play for real madrid if your sorry lot cant quarantee me trophies way'. he wants to succeed at villa doing what he can do best - play footy and hopefully pick up few awards while doing so.