• Nobby Solano
    • Gavin McCann
    • J`Lloyd Samuel
    • Thomas Sorenson
    • Gareth Barry
    • Thomas Hitzlsperger
    • Mark Delaney
    • Darius Vassell

he is paddy. not just in the 'i want to play for real madrid if your sorry lot cant quarantee me trophies way'. he wants to succeed at villa doing what he can do best - play footy and hopefully pick up few awards while doing so.

exactly, if you look i didn't say he wasn't ambitious, just that he's not ambitious compared to most footballers, do you reckon angel would have joined us if inter were bidding for him? would he ****, same with most of our team, he wants him and his family to be happy and i admire him for that, part of that is not unsettling them by dragging them all over the country/world

Strikers usually win these type of polls - and with JPA in the team it's easy to see why! He is a class act but I have voted for Mellberg -

since his arrival, Olof's been a true professional and has adapted to the club and style of play excellently. He's our captain and leads by example

Without Angel in the team, we struggle but can still win games - without Mellberg we're shite!

The word 'rock' is so apt!

As Oaks said, your best player isn't necessarily always your most important. But in our case I think he does happen to be both. Olof Mellberg is our best player and by far and away our most important. Without him we are porous at the back and have shown whenever he has been missing, that we are decidedly dodgy. Maine Road last year anyone ?

Even if you were to rate Angel as a better footballer than Olly, you can't deny that we have coped relatively well without him. My point being that even if these 2 were the same standard of footballer (and I think they probably are), we are a lot better at coping without 1 than we are without the other.

I reckon we would miss Tommy Sorenson big time if he was out for a while - but still rather him than Big King O.

you say that, but you didn't vote for him!

i agree though, he's very important, only because i'm not a huge postma fan, he's ok but he's really a good first division keeper really

The big bloke at the back,the one with the beard, his name escapes me at the momment. :)

As someone mentioned earlier he is very ambitious as a footballer,but he prefers his family settled and content, rather than chasing £'s , lets hope Villa serve him as well as he us .

ps: A legend in the making