Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do players actually dive in this game? I do wonder this because some of the penalty decisions are questionable.

I'm pretty sure they do. The commentary said it was questionable and 'looked like a dive'. However, in this instance, I complained about it after the match and received a warning from the FA, so maybe it wasn't a dive after all on this occassion!

Not sure if diving is something that only newgens can do, sometimes in the commentary you will see "That looked like a dive" from the first season. There are hidden attributes that would make a player likely to cheat but I can't remember off hand whether diving is something that is allowed.

That Lolley is a bluenose as well, makes you sick..............Which reminds me..........

Change the formation, not sure those players can play too attacking and are quite limited. Maybe counter attack, Gunnarsson as your playmaker, remove long shots because you cannot affort to be wasteful. Play wingers as wide midfielders, make sure they do have make forward runs on though. Go for limited defenders for the centre backs.

I've not got any problems in attack. I score fine it's just the defending. I'll try the limited defenders. Should I just leave them on defend ore should I use a stopper and cover?

I've been ok on that as well my worst was 46% against Wigan. I'm normally just over 50% with high 70s in passing.

Used limited defenders and set my fullbacks to defending against Liverpool in the cup. They were full strength and I was resting players. Lost 2-0 but to a long range shot and Cudicini not being able to catch a simple ball and dropping it onto Gerrards foot. Looked a bit stronger at the back.

Trying a counter attacking game against Man U next see how that works out.

get rid of half of them is my advice.. their either too old/too rubbish and the squad needs a cleanup, i'll go as far as getting rid of Dunne aswell. That's if of course your basing a long term successful charge. IF i remember correctly you start with £18m which is alot, get replacements in first then get rid of deadwood, i did it the other way round and had no problems to be fair. My tip is to get younger people in, people with a bit more stamina etc..I actually get frustrated when i play Villa, too much work needs to be done :lol:

Tactics - whatever suits the team once you sell/buy players.

dzeko is lethal on this game. have him and gabby up fornt scoring tonnes of goals.

suarez is on the left ash young on the right, have ramires (who is actually really good on the game compare dto real life) and defour.

defence sign garay, he scores so many goals for a centre back! just scored a hat trick against liverpool! beat them 4-1. also have this guy called wilson who is very good. lb have drenthe, and ash cole (signed him on a one year deal) and van aanoult. right back i have diarra

so i have a fairy strong side.

Do players actually dive in this game? I do wonder this because some of the penalty decisions are questionable.
I'm still playing FM2010 but they definitely dive in that. I've got a Hungarian newgen striker who's been booked for diving a couple of times, and I'm pretty sure he's not the only one.

Anybody able to understand the planning process on FM11?

28-12-12 I had planning for stadium, ending on 1-7-13 and never heard anything after this, no update. Now I have

planningw.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

What does it mean? Why did it start again with a new end date and me get no actual news update?

stadiummmmm.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And still no update as to why it keeps extending!

Actually thinking about that kind of thing when I was at work today, a lot of it is hearsay and I won't have a chance to test the data so if I make changes to the likes of Dunne then I don't really know how it will affect the game. Stephen Ireland is going to be the hardest to rate, most of the changes will see players going downwards, there will be a few changes to Lichaj but he's nothing like as good (in my opinion at least) as people think he is, league one at best.

Â