Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

Started another new game after the Dafuge one went terribly AGAIN.

With Swansea, managed 3 wins, 2 losses and 2 league cups wins thus far. Only conceded 2 goals, both 0-1 defeats.

Playing a fluid 4-5-1 and took me aaaaages to set up tactics so at least it's working :lol:

I like contract negotiations, I think they are pretty smooth, apart from sometimes, I think Choffer mentions it...I offered like £3,000 to someone who wanted £3,500 then all of a sudden, he wanted £5000!....I offered him £4.2 and he accepted but that was annoying!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh fuckybollocks. Any techies here?

Installed it last night, started a game, all working fine. Saved the game and quit.

Then today the bastard won't load. I have the disc in the drive, I doubleclick the icon in the programes menu - nothing happens. No error message, just... nothing. The SEGA forums are no use on this at all.

Anybody got any ideas?

What OS are you running?

Depending on your operating system right click on FM :

Properties - Compability - choose XP or something..

if that doesnt work then i suggest checking task manager to see if any "FM" processes are running (its called football manager in task manager btw not FM)

If that doesn't work i suggest getting your save putting it somewhere safe, removing football manager and installing again (reinstalling).

Oh fuckybollocks. Any techies here?

Installed it last night, started a game, all working fine. Saved the game and quit.

Then today the bastard won't load. I have the disc in the drive, I doubleclick the icon in the programes menu - nothing happens. No error message, just... nothing. The SEGA forums are no use on this at all.

Anybody got any ideas?

If you are on Vista or Win7, try right clicking the icon and select "Run as Administrator".

Thanks guys, but I've sorted it.

Strangely, the icon that the install put in the "Games" menu wasn't the FM11 exe - I eventually found it lurking deep in the C:\ drive and made a desktop shortcut from there.

All working fine now. This is the first FM I've played since 2003, and it looks a big improvement so far - if bloody difficult! WiIll play a couple of "learning curve" messing around-type games before starting in earnest.

Love this game.

I have to say though, just signed a player on a free, aged 16 and his stats are top quality already, injury crisis so put him in midfield (oh and should add, get Carruthers from Villa if you are conference, awesome!) anyway this kid came in and was getting some good assists, so I be a little cheeky, so i find this thing that can tell you stats in game and download it, have a look at this kid and he has a PA of 180, jebus... could be a very good addition.

Strangely, the icon that the install put in the "Games" menu wasn't the FM11 exe - I eventually found it lurking deep in the C:\ drive and made a desktop shortcut from there.

All working fine now. This is the first FM I've played since 2003, and it looks a big improvement so far - if bloody difficult! WiIll play a couple of "learning curve" messing around-type games before starting in earnest.

I must say, that's long time without! You will soon get the hang of it. I can't even imagine how confusing it is for people who have played an FM series before :lol:

What do you think so far? favourite features etc...?

I must say, that's long time without! You will soon get the hang of it. I can't even imagine how confusing it is for people who have played an FM series before :lol:

Maybe it wasn't 2003, but it was a long while ago - the first one with the graphics of little circled numbers moving around on the pitch.

So unsurprisingly I do like the actual game graphics. The rest of it is - in essence - still fairly similar to the very first version I played, which I think was CM93/94!

Still a lot to discover yet, though.

Hi mate, he has no club before I signed him. I didn't realise you could have regens with no club..?

xcq982.jpg

Have changed formation now, to fit the 16 year old in cos he is incredible and I was bored of 442. I am in need of some decent wingers but am making do, cannot get any good players on loan so am just bringing in free players on small contracts for now.

Glad its working.

Maybe it wasn't 2003, but it was a long while ago - the first one with the graphics of little circled numbers moving around on the pitch.

So unsurprisingly I do like the actual game graphics. The rest of it is - in essence - still fairly similar to the very first version I played, which I think was CM93/94!

Still a lot to discover yet, though.

03/04 season I think was the first time the little circles were introduced!

rocket polisher Angel Rangel isn't signing a new contract the word removed. Tapping up Sean Morrison from Swindon, harsh but hoping he won't sign a new contract as it runs out end of season.

I put this player on 'Club top earner'...he wouldn't sign for me otherwise, proving to be a bad move, rocket polisher keeps getting wage rise when had to sign new contracts etc..

swanseatactics.jpg

Goalkeeper - Quick throw to right back.

Right back (full back support) - Defensive/Normal mentallity, little creative freedom, rarely run from deep, run with the ball sometimes, mixed passing, Hug touchline, crossing mixed into centre. Closing down, just past own half, man marking.

Left back (full back support) (Read above)

Centre backs, own half closing down, little creative freedom, short passing, defensive, tight marking, man.

Defensive midfield (anchor man defend) - Mixed creative freedom, short passing, defensive mentality, rarely run with the ball and rarely run from deep. NO to hold the ball up, Zonal marking and not tight. (so he gets around the pitch, rather than stay tight to single players), long shots rarely, mixed through balls.

Central midfielder right (deep lying playmaker support) Normal mentality, much creative freedom, mixed passing, rarely run from deep, rarely run with the ball, rarely long shots, plenty of through balls, NO to hold the ball up, man marking and tight. close down 3/4 pitch.

Central midfielder left (Box to box midfielder support) normal/attacking mentality, mixed passing, middle creative freedom, mixed through balls, run from deep and run from middle again both sometimes, long shots rarely. Tight, man marking. close down 3/4 whole pitch.

Winger left (inside forward attack)....attacking mentality, much creative freedom, mixed passing, medium through balls, rare long shots, run with the ball a lot and run from deep a lot. YES for roam from position, zonal marking, not tight. Cross ball into centre. Cut inside for wing play. Close down 3/4 whole pitch.

Winger right (Winger attack) attacking mentality, medium creative freedom, mixed passing, rarely through balls, rare long shots, run with ball and run from deep again as much as possible, Hug the touchline for wide play. Zonal, non tight marking and NO for roam from position. Close down 3/4 whole pitch.

Striker (complete forward) Attacking mentality, medium creative freedom, short passing, run with ball medium, run from deep medium. Rarely for through balls, long shots and cross ball. Don't roam from position, wing play is cut inside, zonal marking, non tight. (basically, he's sort of a target man but I like the word complete forward :lol:) close down 3/4 pitch.

is anyone having problems with villa with the wages?

i signed ledesma, almeda, pienaar and now when i try to sign anyone in january the only wage si can offer them is 5k?? i cant sign anyone! i manged to flog heskey for 500k but have to pay half his wages until his contract runs out. no-one wants carew, got rid of sidwell and stans on loan to everton with a view for a permenenet transfer!

its very frustrating

Â