Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

PaulandDonya, you have to remember he never said he would be the right man for the job, some of the players were saying that.

Maybe Lerner was/is just giving him the chance to see how the players react him being the manager for them 4 games.....We've won 1 drawn 1 and lost one...Admittedly it was a bad loss it outshone the win or the draw, but he was thrown into that position and he is doing the best he can.

I personally think the whole Kevin being the manager is just a cover so they can look for the right person without to much media attention to what they're doing behind the scenes, the media attention will be mostly be on Kevin because he hasn't said no, he doesn't want the job.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever we paid him it would be too much.

In ANY business, if you were a manager running interviews and you had a guy come in and when you say - "why do you want to join my company" they said "Well, I'm not too sure I do, I don't know whether I will like it really, I prefer doing another job" etc.......

Would you employ him ?

Sorry, it's so bloody obvious it is ridiculous.

Best of it - imagine the players reading that he prefers training the reserve side instead of them !

Bloody hell - that interview is ALARMING !

Where did he say that? the interview I read, he said he enjoyed being out there twice and with the reserves he could do that, now it's once and a talk to the players.

How as a player would you be alarmed unless you were amazingly sensitive. Some managers don't even take training!

The only person who might possibly be available who I'd be happy with getting the job atm is Carlos Quieroz.

Otherwise, I think it's wise to wait for the right man, but I'm still not too confident with McDonald in the short-term.

Why am I alarmed.

I'll tell you why

According to rumours (yes rumours) and I have been at work so haven't seen anything on the telly.

We are just appoint a manager who admits he doesn't like the job we are going to give him.

I am a manager - I have to motivate people, and I tell you how I don't do it.

I don't say, I have to talk to you instead of watching you !"

and I don't say "I wish I was invisible" implying "I don't like it when people see me / want to talk to me"

and I don't say "I really don't know if managing you is actually what I want"

God almighty - are there seriously people who can't see this ?

I can't think of the song, but it couldbe our coming out music if we give him the job...

what is it "I would, rather be anywhere else but here....tonight"

Whats the bloody record ?

Why am I alarmed.

I'll tell you why

According to rumours (yes rumours) and I have been at work so haven't seen anything on the telly.

We are just appoint a manager who admits he doesn't like the job we are going to give him.

and I don't say "I wish I was invisible" implying "I don't like it when people see me / want to talk to me"

Okay mr.dramatic.

Firstly he said with a smile, he doesn't know if it's what he wants, managing the team on a full basis. Which is more than just training ground matters, it's a massive commitment.

Which also brings me to the point of, IF he is hired as manager, that's because he WANTS IT. The players will know that. So it works both ways. :?

He said he enjoys working with the players every day of the week, so he's hardly say he don't enjoy it!

It really isn't that big deal. All the players have said they like working with him because of the intensity he brings to training sessions and the high standards he sets. Do you think the players go 'Look he might be pushing on the training ground and motivating us on the training pitch, but in his press conferences, it's not right!'

I mean, I doubt they even watch these press conferences, they work on the training field not in front of there TV worried what the manager is saying.

He said he hasn't had time to think about whether he wants the job because he hasn't stopped at all since he's took over, not that he doesn't like it just it's been so hectic he hasn't sad down and had a think with his family, can't you realise that?

If he takes the job, that's because he will work damn hard to do his best job, if he rejects the job that's because he doesn't want to do it. It's simple. He's not going to accept a job he doesn't want to do.

Why am I alarmed.

I'll tell you why

You sound like you are a pretty decent Manager by the sound of it I hope you have applied for the job. Do you need sleeping tablets? No! Then you'll do for me.

"Paul&donna's Claret & Blue Army"

Why am I alarmed.

I'll tell you why

I can't think of the song, but it couldbe our coming out music if we give him the job...

Have you checked your blood pressure lately? You are such a drama queen. A LOT of the time what is said to the press isn't 100% of what someone is feeling/thinking - remember how MON used to answer questions without actually answering anything at all?

If KM wants to do it he'll throw himself 100% into it i have no doubt about that - right now he isn't sure and his interview reflects that. He isn't going for a job interview - he has been thrown in the deep end after the last guy bailed and they want to know if he is keen to stay on.

Very very naive

What have the players said about Capello recently ?

We love playing for him, we love this, he's great at that.

Sorry, but you are being very naive if you think this is all it takes to be a good manager.

Forgive me, but what was the back page of all the papers this morning. Capello with Donkey ears.

What was the opinion of all the experts (including ex-managers including the one who saved us from oblivion) "This is the end - when the media turns, it's only a matter of time !.

He could be a better coach than national Epress - but if he don't like the spotlight - he will end up not only sacked, but in The Priory !

Very very naive

Sorry, but you are being very naive if you think this is all it takes to be a good manager.

Forgive me, but what was the back page of all the papers this morning. Capello with Donkey ears.

What was the opinion of all the experts (including ex-managers including the one who saved us from oblivion) "This is the end - when the media turns, it's only a matter of time !.

He could be a better coach than national Epress - but if he don't like the spotlight - he will end up not only sacked, but in The Priory !

Most managers don't like the limelight but they have to do it.

Do you really think people like Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger would do interviews just because they like to be seen?

You really are a over dramatic.

You say he doesn't want the job yet he says, he'd only take it if it's what he wanted to do. :? So clearly by taking the job, it's what he wants to do.

Paul, I've said already, he will know if he wants the job or if he is the right person for the job.....If he has any doubts at all he will say he don't want it.

He isn't going to take the job and run AV into the ground.

Plus, you've been to work all day, you sound a little stressed in the way you type I think you should get some kip. :P haha

Very very naive

So wait let me get this right, what managers say in the press is gospel. What players say is untrue.

Nice. So even though MacDonald could be dedicating his life to this job right now, working 24/7 with the players and helping them, they won't appreciate that because he said 'I'm not sure if it's what I want to do, I need to think about it'

Yeah, okay.

i have just had a fecking brainwave

we need a short term fi until a suitable candidate comes along.

KM likes coaching but not the spotlight.

Who did he work for......

Brian Little and John gregory

KM wants to coach, Gregory LOVES the media, Little likes managing but struggled when Gregory left and had to do it all himself.

FECKING BINGO

We've got no money for players (apparently) we gotta dowith this lot.

SOUNDS FECKING PERFECT TO ME

Only downside is Little will probably play sodding heskey !

Very very naive

Do you really think people like Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger would do interviews just because they like to be seen?

You say he doesn't want the job yet he says, he'd only take it if it's what he wanted to do. :? So clearly by taking the job, it's what he wants to do.

Wenger does all kinds of press and i'll think you'll find more like the lime light than those who don't.

KM hasn't exactly inspired me in the interviews he's done, he looks like a man torn and with that in mind there should be only one option for him.

I can't honestly see why we should be expected to wait for the man to mull it over in his head nor can I see reason for giving him however many games to 'try him out' because let's be honest, any amount of games isn't enough unless given the season.

Why am I alarmed.

I'll tell you why

Have you checked your blood pressure lately? You are such a drama queen. A LOT of the time what is said to the press isn't 100% of what someone is feeling/thinking - remember how MON used to answer questions without actually answering anything at all?

If KM wants to do it he'll throw himself 100% into it i have no doubt about that - right now he isn't sure and his interview reflects that. He isn't going for a job interview - he has been thrown in the deep end after the last guy bailed and they want to know if he is keen to stay on.

Talk about self delusion. Look, I have seen the KM interview & he is absolutely cacking his pants. He does not look like the kind of guy who is gonna kick ass & dish out the bollockings, hence the piss poor response from the team to his half time team talk at Newcastle. Surely you can see that.

I am not having a go at him because it is not his fault & he is only doing is best in very demanding circumstances. Give the guy a break & stop pretending he's up to it. That's the last thing he wants to hear right now. He would much prefer that you said he was shit so he could at least have a good excuse to walk away. At least he is HONEST with himself.

It's just so obvious that he needs & wants the job like a hole in the head.

Very very naive

Wenger does all kinds of press and i'll think you'll find more like the lime light than those who don't.

KM hasn't exactly inspired me in the interviews he's done, he looks like a man torn and with that in mind there should be only one option for him.

I can't honestly see why we should be expected to wait for the man to mull it over in his head nor can I see reason for giving him however many games to 'try him out' because let's be honest, any amount of games isn't enough unless given the season.

Of course he does press. HE HAS TOO. Do you think most managers want to waste their time doing interviews about a load of nothing. They have too, that's why they do it.

When he mentions spotlight he mentions every move, every action is commented on etc...he said that bit he didn't like, noone likes people criticsing there every move.