Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Prefences for me

Ist choice Hughes

2nd choice Jol

3rd choice Sven

Outside choice Hoddle

Wouldn't want Hughes to be honest. If he can walk out on Fulham so quickly, doesn't say much for his morals, especially after he was treated at Man City. I think he will stay.

You get one life, and if there is something that you really want to do, you should set things aside.

Hughes is one of the brightest British managerial prospects. He has been unjustly cast aside by Man City and should be at a club that can be a vehicle for his talents.

Fulham are an excellent football club in many respects, but they are not that vehicle.

Perhaps he shouldn't have joined them then? Shows lack of judgment maybe? Im just not keen on him. Think he is a little overhyped.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutted if it's Bob Bradley, not the right calibre at all - we'll be a joke... Would like Jol but that ain't gonna happen... don't rate any of the other names we've been linked with... still mourning O'Neill who may have pissed everyone off but got results and would have continued to do that, and more, had he been given what he wanted.

I think Hughes would have fitted us perfectly but I agree I can't see him leaving Fulham think our ex manager has scuppered that one by his timing .

Jol or Sven would be good both understand English players and our league and both have great contacts in the footballing world . Sven for me gets a lot of stick but think his record stands up against anyone's should never have been given the bullet at City .

Couldn't agree more. Personally I'd love to get Martin Jol but the pay-off (to Ajax) would be excessive. I too wouldn't mind Sven if we could get him.

We'll wait and see!

Bob Bradley = non league semi pro level. If he got the job I'd love to see the competition, a butcher, tesco express manager and a housewife from Hull?

Really?? I think you're a tad harsh with that one. He managed an International side and did a good job. Not saying I want him, however to say he is non league standard, is a little extreme.

He's had a rather mediocre club career (at non league) MLS level. His international record is over egg'd, it aint all that.

He prepared and picked a side that beat Spain (our new World Champions) in the Confederations Cup SF, hardly non league. Like I said, not my first choice, but to say he is semi pro is quite frankly ridiculous and based on nothing.

[quote="thetreesYou get one life, and if there is something that you really want to do, you should set things aside.

Hughes is one of the brightest British managerial prospects. He has been unjustly cast aside by Man City and should be at a club that can be a vehicle for his talents.

Fulham are an excellent football club in many respects, but they are not that vehicle.

Perhaps he shouldn't have joined them then? Shows lack of judgment maybe? Im just not keen on him. Think he is a little overhyped.

http://www.socceramerica.com/article/39266/is-bob-bradley-already-a-lame-duck.html

Read this article on Bradley last night, and I wouldn't be so sure that Bradley's resignation has a great deal to do with the job at Villa. Apparently there was already a groundswell of opinion that someone different was needed in charge of the USA who would give more young players a chance and who would move America away from 'European tactics'.

This is not to say that Bradley won't apply for the Villa job, and to be honest I find those criticisms very harsh on Bradley, especially after the Confederations Cup, but when Randy says he won't even have a shortlist until Monday I believe him.

breaking news. talksport are reporting bob bradleys resigned from usa coach

inevitable?

hope this is not true

Breaking News about 3 hours ago :lol: let's see what unfolds. Time does seem a little too conveinent

Okay,

While we are touching on DOFs and hype, does anybody think that Mr Lerner would consider approaching Beckham for a player manager's role?

I have been convinced that something will come out of the left field, and that is well left!

Bob Bradley = non league semi pro level. If he got the job I'd love to see the competition, a butcher, tesco express manager and a housewife from Hull?

Really?? I think you're a tad harsh with that one. He managed an International side and did a good job. Not saying I want him, however to say he is non league standard, is a little extreme.

He's had a rather mediocre club career (at non league) MLS level. His international record is over egg'd, it aint all that.

He prepared and picked a side that beat Spain (our new World Champions) in the Confederations Cup SF, hardly non league. Like I said, not my first choice, but to say he is semi pro is quite frankly ridiculous and based on nothing.

There we go, over egging the international one off's. His club management doesn't extend beyond semi pro MLS level. That's where you earn your stripes, managing day to day in a top league. He aint got any experience at that.

Okay,

While we are touching on DOFs and hype, does anybody think that Mr Lerner would consider approaching Beckham for a player manager's role?

I have been convinced that something will come out of the left field, and that is well left!

Wouldn't mind him in some capacity, player coach? VERY high profile and our youngsters would learn a lot from his application and technique. More chance of me being appointed coach though and im shit.

Okay,

Love it, completely ridiculous but love it anyway! I can see Posh tottering down Sparkbrook as we speak.

Would be fair to let Kevin MacDonald have some time in the job (if he wants it) All this talk of a new manage,r and he has'nt managed his first game yet. He might suprise us, and if he does good, may show some loyalty to the club. Fergie went from Aberdeen to Man U Moyes from Preston to Everton. You never know we may unearth a gem in MacDonald, his calling so to speak. We have the same squad that got to 6th last year were not going to collapse and be relegation fodder. He may be the next Shankly, Fergie who knows, but if we don't give him a chance we'll never know. Worth a punt I think.

Would be fair to let Kevin MacDonald have some time in the job (if he wants it) All this talk of a new manage,r and he has'nt managed his first game yet. He might suprise us, and if he does good, may show some loyalty to the club. Fergie went from Aberdeen to Man U Moyes from Preston to Everton. You never know we may unearth a gem in MacDonald, his calling so to speak. We have the same squad that got to 6th last year were not going to collapse and be relegation fodder. He may be the next Shankly, Fergie who knows, but if we don't give him a chance we'll never know. Worth a punt I think.

The problem with giving MacDonald a chance is that O'Neill has spent four years rebuilding the club, and I don't think Lerner wants to bring someone in who will have to do learning and therefore in a sense their own kind of rebuilding.

I think Lerner would prefer someone experienced who can come in and pick right up where O'Neill left off. Maybe MacDonald could, but I don't think the board want to risk it.

Prefences for me

Ist choice Hughes

2nd choice Jol

3rd choice Sven

Outside choice Hoddle

Wouldn't want Hughes to be honest. If he can walk out on Fulham so quickly, doesn't say much for his morals, especially after he was treated at Man City. I think he will stay.

You get one life, and if there is something that you really want to do, you should set things aside.

In fairness i doubt Hughes thought the Villa job would be available so quick

Okay,

Wouldn't mind him in some capacity, player coach? VERY high profile and our youngsters would learn a lot from his application and technique. More chance of me being appointed coach though and im shit.

Would never happen but I must admit the idea popped into my head too. As a club we need to expand our revenue to catch up with the big boys around us. The appointment of Beckham would give us massive world wide appeal and bring in lots of new fans and so revenue. Just think of all of the sexy girls that would come to the games too!

Bob Bradley has quit his job with the United States national team and is set to be named the new manager of Aston Villa, talkSPORT understands.

The USA coach has emerged as the favourite to succeed Martin O’Neill, who resigned earlier this week following a disagreement with chairman Randy Lerner about how to take the club forward.

Bradley took the USA to the second round of the World Cup in South Africa this summer and fellow American Lerner is said to be a big fan of the work he has done with his country’s national team.

The 52-year-old, who has previously managed MLS sides including DC United and Chicago Fire, will not be in England in time for Villa’s opening Premier League fixture against West Ham tomorrow, but is expected to be unveiled as the new man at the helm at Villa Park next week. (TalkSport)