The New Condem Government

bickster

Well for those who are making moral judgements. Why is Cameron fighting an EU cap on bankers bonuses? Why has nothing been done about the real causes of the crash, that benefited the few and caused misery to so many? London, under the governance of Thatcher, Major, Blair, Brown and Cameron is the capital of bad business that's why. It was all great until the economic crash it created, and the only people who are paying are the very people who didn't create it. So if any **** wants to whinge about the benefit scroungers, the unemployed or the single mothers they need to take a look at what's really happening.

I can understand why he's fighting that. It would affect the uk far more than any EU country, due to the size of our banking sector. Now if the EU were to say there is a green tax to be put on new cars, thats a good tax, but it would be detrimental to France and Germany more than the UK, so it would not be even discussed

But of course these companies need the huge profits to re-invest and grow, as has been pointed out by our non judgemental poster friend. What would our high streets look like without Starbucks and Tesco's?

There would be no small local independent cafe's or grocery shops surely people would just dehydrate and stop buying food. Asda, Tesco, costa, Starbucks, they're providing a service, filling a void, without them we'd probably all be dead.

So if we look at it like that, with sober, balanced, realist, conservative eyes, they're probably on balance a positively good thing.

Breaking character. That's the kind of utter **** a Tory, and when they were in power, Labour gobshite MP would vomit out on political programmes.

Isn't the whole reason for tax credits that no Government will have to raise tax to the appropriate level. It would be much simpler to manage, but no one would ever do that because they would not get back in power. I have often thought our tax system is like a game of jenga. If they worked out what was needed in income tax and took that off the top, its still a solid foundation. But no they don't do that because it looks like you are taking too much off the top. Instead they keep taking the bricks from all over the tower, so it keeps it's height but is nowhere near as solid 

But of course these companies need the huge profits to re-invest and grow, as has been pointed out by our non judgemental poster friend. What would our high streets look like without Starbucks and Tesco's?

There would be no small local independent cafe's or grocery shops surely people would just dehydrate and stop buying food. Asda, Tesco, costa, Starbucks, they're providing a service, filling a void, without them we'd probably all be dead.

So if we look at it like that, with sober, balanced, realist, conservative eyes, they're probably on balance a positively good thing.

Breaking character. That's the kind of utter **** a Tory, and when they were in power, Labour gobshite MP would vomit out on political programmes.

No indpendant trader would be able to pay the high business rates so that would be a few billion lost in taxes

Well for those who are making moral judgements. Why is Cameron fighting an EU cap on bankers bonuses? Why has nothing been done about the real causes of the crash, that benefited the few and caused misery to so many? London, under the governance of Thatcher, Major, Blair, Brown and Cameron is the capital of bad business that's why. It was all great until the economic crash it created, and the only people who are paying are the very people who didn't create it. So if any **** wants to whinge about the benefit scroungers, the unemployed or the single mothers they need to take a look at what's really happening.

I can understand why he's fighting that. It would affect the uk far more than any EU country, due to the size of our banking sector. Now if the EU were to say there is a green tax to be put on new cars, thats a good tax, but it would be detrimental to France and Germany more than the UK, so it would not be even discussed

The business sector? It's bad business. It's proven, demonstrably to be built on sand, to benefit the few and bad for the many. Only selfish politicians would want to facilitate that kind of bad business and only if they had vested interests. That's the only reason I can understand why the current government are objecting to anything the bad business, it hurts them. It really is terrible stuff, these are bad politicians because they're selfish people.

Its quite simple really - more pay=less profit. 

Less profit=less investment in growing the company 

less investment in growing the company =  fewer new stores built/suppliers getting a poorer deal

fewer new stores built/suppliers getting a poorer deal= less profit in the construction industry/less profit for suppliers

less profit in the construction industry/less profit for suppliers = less investment in those sectors=higher unemployment/greater benefit dependancy. 

I'm making no moral judgements here

In order for all that to stack up wouldn't capital investment as a percentage of retained profits have to remain roughly around the same level (whereas I believe the trend is quite significantly downwards)?

The only real winner is Tesco

I walk in my local cornershop and the bloke wants to charge my whatever number he makes up in his head  for my bottle of Pepsimax

I walk in Tesco and I can usually get it on BOGOFF

so the real  winner is the consumer

end of the day there are many people who go into a high street store , find a high price  item they want , waste the time of the staff member for a few minutes and then walk out and buy it on the internet for £25 cheaper ...

that's consumerism for you sure we can bang on about yester year and evil corporates but if you feel strongly then go shop in your local cornershop and pay the extra money and support him , I'm sure he will smile and say thank you as he takes your money .. but believe it or not , he will be driven by profit at the end of the day , just like evil Tesco 

The business sector? It's bad business. It's proven, demonstrably to be built on sand, to benefit the few and bad for the many. Only selfish politicians would want to facilitate that kind of bad business and only if they had vested interests. That's the only reason I can understand why the current government are objecting to anything the bad business, it hurts them. It really is terrible stuff, these are bad politicians because they're selfish people.

750,000 individual people , maybe more , are trying to buy shares in the Post Office because they believe they can make a quick buck

I fear your anger at politicians may be misplaced

Would small business pay higher wages than minimum wage?

I think fairer taxation may be the way to go, rather than minimum wage. I'm sure someone can come up with a way to ensure the cake is sliced more fairly than it is now.

Tax people 90%

750,000 individual people , maybe more , are trying to buy shares in the Post Office because they believe they can make a quick buck

Politicians are paid to do the best for all, not themselves.

Kingfisher, on 10 Oct 2013 - 4:26 PM, said:

tonyh29, on 10 Oct 2013 - 4:08 PM, said:

Kingfisher, on 10 Oct 2013 - 3:58 PM, said:

colhint, on 10 Oct 2013 - 3:07 PM, said:

Kingfisher, on 10 Oct 2013 - 1:10 PM, said:

Politicians are paid to do the best for all, not themselves.

in Utopia maybe , go back to the days of the Roman Senate and it's no different ... you may get one or two honest people along the way but you'll never change the system  .... bring it all down and start again and you'd only end up in an Animal Farm type scenario

I thought Atlee's government had some good ideas. It was a bit more recent than the Romans.

I don't think the current government reflect the broad attitude of society in Britain today. People of course want to better their lives, and can be selfish to an extent. But I also think there is an inherent sense of fairness and compassion within most of us that isn't at all being reflected in current politics. It's reflected in this thread, most people care.

• Like 2

I walk in my local cornershop and the bloke wants to charge my whatever number he makes up in his head  for my bottle of Pepsimax

I walk in Tesco and I can usually get it on BOGOFF

so the real  winner is the consumer

end of the day there are many people who go into a high street store , find a high price  item they want , waste the time of the staff member for a few minutes and then walk out and buy it on the internet for £25 cheaper ...

that's consumerism for you sure we can bang on about yester year and evil corporates but if you feel strongly then go shop in your local cornershop and pay the extra money and support him , I'm sure he will smile and say thank you as he takes your money .. but believe it or not , he will be driven by profit at the end of the day , just like evil Tesco

Most local shops round here are cheaper than Tesco, the idea that Tesco is cheap is one bizarre fantasy perpetuated by Tesco. The reality is somewhat different.

Even Waitrose can be cheaper than Tesco. There are plenty of smaller discount chains like Savers that will sell you the same product as Tesco for around half the price.

Â