Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

You know who I am

With respect I do not. I know who you claim to be, and I doubt that. Nothing I have seen makes me believe you are who you say

Who are you and what are your credentials?

I am a Villa fan. Those are my credentials. The fact that you resort to that sort of makes me believe you are not who you claim to be.

To be fair, that's a response to an attack of sorts.

I know you have an issue with me as you cant leave it alone. But do you want to show me where the attack was, or am I questionning someone on some points they have made

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And from all the information we have the best is Lerner. End of.

Couldn't agree more. And if Lerners best gets bettered by AV06 then that'll be even better.

At he moment worst case scenario is Lerner because the olny way AV06 can prevail is if they better the Lerner package. How fantastic is that.

Listen Richard I am not a liar and you are now implying I am. That to me is a big insult and I don't appreciate it. I would ask the moderators to step in here as you have my details and can confirm my identity. Bloody hell I only came on to pass on what I know and have some friendly chat with fellow Villa fans. I live in Bournemouth these days so sites like VillaTalk are great as I can chat with fellow Villa supporters. You for some reason want to interogate me like some vindinctive journalist.. Not sure why? Don't forget what industry my family made its fortune in...

I am so excited about this and beats even floating Hodgson Holdings on the stock market!! Just wanted to share my knowledge and excitement with my fellow Villa fans.. Not have my intelligence or identity questioned!

Don't forget this Padfield lot didn't want MON as Manager and instead preferred the managerial dream team of John Jensen and Michael Laudrup......!!!

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::bang:

I don't have much knowledge of how bids can be won but surely the shareholders could just refuse to sell their shares to Padfield if as it seems everyone's so much in favour of Lerner?

Doesn't sound as though he's that interested to come to the table and listen to AV06 to me.

Actions speak louder than words.

if the AV06 bid is recommended by rothschilds then he'd better get the hell back here, hadnt he?

Listen Richard I am not a liar and you are now implying I am. That to me is a big insult and I don't appreciate it. I would ask the moderators to step in here as you have my details and can confirm my identity. Bloody hell I only came on to pass on what I know and have some friendly chat with fellow Villa fans. I live in Bournemouth these days so sites like VillaTalk are great as I can chat with fellow Villa supporters. You for some reason want to interogate me like some vindinctive journalist.. Not sure why? Don't forget what industry my family made its fortune in...

I am so excited about this and beats even floating Hodgson Holdings on the stock market!! Just wanted to share my knowledge and excitement with my fellow Villa fans.. Not have my intelligence or identity questioned!

I have no "details" other than you have signed on as fortereliable. Why not your real name?

Surely you can accept that someone will question who you claim to be in those circumstances? As to having your intelligence questionned, well this is a message board where fans will debate points. Is it not to be expected that points will be debated. From my posts all I am doing is debating with you certain points you have made. I do not see why you get defensive.

You have made a number of points and I am exploring them with you.

BTW what does "Don't forget what industry my family made its fortune in" supposed to mean?

Now tell me, if Randy Lerner is Ellis's prefered option why would we need to worry about AV06.?

Fort, I take it on trust that either you are part of HH's family.

Therefore with your contacts I am delighted that you help to put down any fear that Lerner could be gazumped.

And the Mail story is just weird ....

Are they delibratly trying to upset Lerner.

BTW jsut did a 30 minutes search on takoevers within the last 18 months I can NOT FIND A SINGLE EXAMPLE of takever that has not happened once the bid has been recommened by the board.

Padfield has not met MON despite being in London, Lerner made a special trip

Padfield is not a football or sports fans, Lerner is

Padfield has never run a buisness, Lerner has run a buisness as big as they can get

Look, Padfield isnt going to run Aston Villa, the people behind him are. he's a high court judge, a mediator, a fixer, not a businessman. it doesnt matter who Padfield is from a footballing perspective, he's just the guy putting it together for other people

I want to know who is behind him, what his plans are

I just find this blind rush to randy a little bit scary, especially when it is possible there are better options available

What the hell is going to happen if lerner loses this? there's going to be alot of bitterness and recrimination around, because we got bought out? Its stupid and extremely dangerous. There is no guarantee that randy lenrer has the best bid guys, and i really, really hope that there isnt a major fallout if he fails

BTW jsut did a 30 minutes search on takoevers within the last 18 months I can NOT FIND A SINGLE EXAMPLE of takever that has not happened once the bid has been recommened by the board.

There's a good reason for that!

the new owners have to act and think big and whilst AV06's people hide I will not trust them ....

/sigh

As soon as they put in a bid they cant hide any more

So lets see what they have to say please

I want to know who is behind him, what his plans are

I just find this blind rush to randy a little bit scary, especially when it is possible there are better options available

totally right in the first point.

But the lies that are being said through the mail are scary, it is interesting to see AV06 go nasty ....

and if AV06 is better why not actually let them come out and bid now ....

As to padfield he is the front man and therefore his credentials are important, he speaks on behlaf of tohers, he prepresents them, a bad impression on him is a bad impression on them,

the new owners have to act and think big and whilst AV06's people hide I will not trust them ....

/sigh

As soon as they put in a bid they cant hide any more

So lets see what they have to say please

Pete, through Howell and a 'spokeman' they have directly said Lerner is a liar

they have said he has plans to merge us with Blooz

Not a good impression is it ?

Doesn't sound as though he's that interested to come to the table and listen to AV06 to me.

Actions speak louder than words.

if the AV06 bid is recommended by rothschilds then he'd better get the hell back here, hadnt he?

Yes, and as one of his duties as Chairman - he will.

IMO, he isn't much interested in the AV06 at the moment, but that's not to say he can't be swayed.

Richard... Lets just forget it and get on with the debate. Ian, it would certainly be extremely unusual if Lerner did not now win having won the public backing of the chairman, chief executive (yes I know same person!) and the rest of the Aston Villa board plus the second biggest shareholder namely Petchey. It should still happen. AV06 throughout have annoyed me and today's antics is in keeping with their completely unprofessional loud mouth media statements. The fact that they have not even signed a confidentiality agreement which means they can't conduct any sort of due diligence says it all about them so I can't help wandering what is their motive behind today's statement. I know Doug only wanted to only consider Lerner whilst it was a level playing field ie they all bid the same price.. I just have a slight nagging worry that if they did come in within 21 days with a £70 million bid and could prove that they could provide massive backing to O Neill for the foreseeable then he may start to have a rethink. Hopefully for once in his life Doug will do the right thing and stick to the deal he has struck and the one he has always maintained he wanted.