Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

So....

i need to get this straight as my stomach has just turned.

IF this AV06 or Neville Bid 70mil.

Then Randys Bid is dead??? will he have to re-bid???? Or can the board just say: "he is our preferred bid, p*ss off"

The bit in bold.

Are you sure?? cuz this may drive me to drink. :shock:

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cash bid, from a single investor, with a board as strong as was presented yesterday will be VERY VERY difficult to beat. And it will be difficult for them to come up with a package to beat that in the timescale given.

Do you honestly think Doug and Petchey will care about the make up of the board and future prospects for the club? The cynic in me believes they will want the maximum profit now and bite the hands off the highest bidder on the table (regardless of who will be best going forwards).

Petchey might not, but Doug is duty bound to accept the best offer for the 'club

Doug can be 'convinced' any bid is the best bid for the club and it's very difficult to be proved wrong afterwards.

This is not "win-win" when the season is 4 days away and the transfer deadline is 14 days away - we want stability and progress and we can't afford to faff around waiting for it any longer.

So you are saying that you would take an inferior bid if it meant immediate cash? Really? Wow

Look, I'm as much a fan of lerner as the next guy, but really, its just daft to write this off before you see the details.

IMO this wont be the only "other" bid either

Doug is duty bound to accept the best offer for the 'club

Define 'club'. I thought Doug's only requirement was to satisfy the shareholders of AVFC PLC?

Or are we nieve enough to think Doug has gone gone all altruistic in his old age?

He can freely overrule whatever Rotschilds recommend. He can justify accepting the higher bid whatever way he choses.

Petchey and Doug will decide which bid to accept based on the same criteria the club has been run for 25+ years - that is to say whichever bid will furnish Doug's pockets the most.

I suggested last week it wouldn't be cut and dried, there was always the possibility of a few stings in the tail and now they are raising there stingers.

Although its hard to see past the Lerner O'Neill ticket, you can't categoricaly say its a no go and similarly you can't categorically say its a done deal, no one yet knows what the bigger bids are or include.

Personally a rich Arab, Russian, or S.African with equal funding to Abramovich would suit nicely.thank you.

My monies still with Randy though, its just so sad it couldn't have been sorted well before now

I suggested last week it wouldn't be cut and dried, there was always the possibility of a few stings in the tail and now they are raising there stingers.

Although its hard to see past the Lerner O'Neill ticket, you can't categoricaly say its a no go and similarly you can't categorically say its a done deal, no one yet knows what the bigger bids are or include.

Personally a rich Arab, Russian, or S.African with equal funding to Abramovich would suit nicely.thank you.

My monies still with Randy though, its just so sad it couldn't have been sorted well before now

I have to agree with this 100%

Jeez, I can't stand any more twists and turns. I just want this to be settled and for Randy to be our man.

I can't see AV06 being that much better than Randy's bid anyway, and would've preferred to have Lerner in place asap.

I can't see AV06 being that much better than Randy's bid anyway, and would've preferred to have Lerner in place asap.

Exactly. How is this bid or any other going to be significantly better for us than the Lerner bid given what we have already heard of the Lerner plans. The only way it could be 'better' is if there is an Abramovich-type bottomless wallet lurking in the background. And apart from the fact that there is no suggestion of this to date I would rather that we succeeded primarily because we are Aston Villa, a well-run business which can exploit our support, history and potential, than be compared with that souless, charmless, morally-bankrupt band of West London opportunists. Lets just get this done and start enjoying football again

Petchey and Doug will decide which bid to accept based on the same criteria the club has been run for 25+ years - that is to say whichever bid will furnish Doug's pockets the most.

If the club has been run first and foremost to line Doug's pockets, why has the board not paid shareholders a dividend for (as far as I can recall) the last three years?

Exactly. How is this bid or any other going to be significantly better for us than the Lerner bid given what we have already heard of the Lerner plans. The only way it could be 'better' is if there is an Abramovich-type bottomless wallet lurking in the background. And apart from the fact that there is no suggestion of this to date I would rather that we succeeded primarily because we are Aston Villa, a well-run business which can exploit our support, history and potential, than be compared with that souless, charmless, morally-bankrupt band of West London opportunists. Lets just get this done and start enjoying football again

I agree with this.

Out of interest, could shareholders like myself, reject an offer if it came from an unwanted party, thus making it less likely that party would suceed? I know that if the baord agree than there aren't enough shares to change it but if....Sod it,

I reckon that PAdfield hasn't even met Ellis yet and if he's on hols then he's got **** all chance. Remember how long lerner's been at the table and he only bid yesterday.

No one can say whether any new bid is better than Lerner's, in all honesty we don't know the full content of Lerner's bid yet anyway, so for all we know AV06 may have all sorts of advantages.

If it didn't I can't see why they or anyone else who may still bid would bother.

We aren't talking here of Ellis economics or dealings, this is big business talking, be it US or UK, Arab, African, Taiwan or Welsh.

Its not about spoiling tactics its about serious business, very serious, especially when you consider it cost 800 million to buy Utd.