Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

Do you know the 1 comment Padfield made which I thought 'oh shit' at......

When asked if his consortium had the fincances in place he replied...

'I believe we do'....

I **** believe we do...FFS, surely if they we serious about buying Aston **** Villa they would definately have thje funds in place.....ARSE!!!

I agree with this. I also agree with the fact that I don't feel comfortable about his footballing credentials. He's never been to Villa Park, seen Villa play on a few occasions (ok it was frustrating last season, but if you are going to buy something for 64 million quid, you'd want to check it out a few times at least!)

Arse indeed.

I just want the team to start the new season with a decent size squad and a manager in place who knows what he doing. Anything else and we could be doing a continuation of last season.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AV06 IMHO are seriuos players and they are well in Lerners and Stils league if we read the stories right.

You may be right, but as I asked earlier, why all the noise?

Don't forget it's up to Rothchilds to RECOMMEND their preferred bid or bids to the board. So I think that they simply do not rate Padfields' or Nevilles bids.

Agree. The fact that they are thinking of joining forces at this stage surely blows away any credibility they had as bidders. If they both had strong bids and were confident they could seriously challenge for ownership, joining up would be the last thing they would do. A very odd announcement IMHO. Seems amateurish on their part.

'I believe we do'....

Well, exactly, which rather gives credence to the theory that this group are suddenly making alot of noise becasue they just realised they arent in the same league as lerner and Still (and mystery other). First there was this promise of player cash this morning, then this long interview tonight.

if this goes the same as last week, I would say that what this interview tells me, above anything else, is that one of the real players is about to make a real move

We will see, but personally this interview rather confirms my view that things are actually moving swiftly to a conclusion, just without Padfield or neville on board, and unsurprisingly they arent happy

Totally totally agree Pete. It sounds like a public pleaing to us that because they are English we should back them when the truth is they siimply cannot compete with the big boys.

Padfield and Ellis will start meetings on Tuesday next week?

It isn't even Padfield and Ellis its a meeting with Padfield and his associates. Padfield doesn't know when he will meet Ellis :roll:

Is Padfield actually saying "If Doug Wants to keep some shares he can do" do you think perhaps maybe?

Whatever the takeover, Doug will be marginalised - I've heard that he is resigned to that fact anyway - obviously he will not want to give it all up - it's his life blood.

Is Padfield actually saying "If Doug Wants to keep some shares he can do" do you think perhaps maybe?

Whatever the takeover, Doug will be marginalised - I've heard that he is resigned to that fact anyway - obviously he will not want to give it all up - it's his life blood.

'I believe we do'....

Well, exactly, which rather gives credence to the theory that this group are suddenly making alot of noise becasue they just realised they arent in the same league as lerner and Still (and mystery other). First there was this promise of player cash this morning, then this long interview tonight.

if this goes the same as last week, I would say that what this interview tells me, above anything else, is that one of the real players is about to make a real move

We will see, but personally this interview rather confirms my view that things are actually moving swiftly to a conclusion, just without Padfield or neville on board, and unsurprisingly they arent happy

The more I think about it the more I'm inclined to agree with this version of events. I was feeling pretty negative about things listening to the interview but once you begin to put the bits and pieces together to get to this potential version of events it seems to be quite convincing. Whether thats because I want this version of events to be true, or whether its because this is actually the true situation I don't know. Hopefully the latter.

I think Rothchilds have sussed out Neville and AV06 pretty quickly and are concentrating their resources on the other two bids.

To be honest I wish we could just here something from the Lerner and Still camp, even though that will not happen it would be nice for us fans to know the intentions of every group viying for the club.

Right now all we can do is hang our hopes on media speculation, rumour and half truths from 'friend of a friend who works at Villa Park' sources however good their intensions

I HATE IT, I HATE IT, I HATE IT....ITS DRIVING ME MAAAAAAAAAAAD!

I agree with this. I also agree with the fact that I don't feel comfortable about his footballing credentials. He's never been to Villa Park, seen Villa play on a few occasions (ok it was frustrating last season, but if you are going to buy something for 64 million quid, you'd want to check it out a few times at least!)

Doesnt bother me at all. He can support whoever he likes within reason, or no-one, or know nothing about football. he's a QC, he isnt going to be running the club, it isnt even his money. he is a facilitator, a front man, nothing more. Even If his bid was successful we'd never hear of him again.

I just want the team to start the new season with a decent size squad and a manager in place who knows what he doing. Anything else and we could be doing a continuation of last season.

Unlikely to happen.

I hope we have a new manager in place for the next game, which seems more likely to me tbh.

Ellis has had it, there is no way back IMO. But he can prolong the process by being awkward. I cannot see the takeover getting to this stage and doug backing out, I just cant.

there is a rule about him causing "frustration" to potential bidders. Big trouble if he does this.

Sorry for the OT post, but you're telling me! Posh fans refer to Villa as a "Premiership version of Posh" :lol: .

Edit, I seem to have quoted the wrong post. :oops: I meant to quote drat.

'I believe we do'....

Well, exactly, which rather gives credence to the theory that this group are suddenly making alot of noise becasue they just realised they arent in the same league as lerner and Still (and mystery other).

Are you sure about that?

Padfield is still on holiday FFS.

Ellis mark 3 (Neville being mark 2).

Do they know the season kicks off on Aug 19th?

Too right Ahamaad.

If Padfield was serious he'd cancel his hol and push his plans to the hilt with the old f**ker.

BUt his holiday is more important. Hmm... Then why front a multi-million pound business venture. If I was one of his backers I'd be most mispleased that he saw his 'holiday' as more important than a major business deal.

AV06 IMHO are seriuos players and they are well in Lerners and Stils league if we read the stories right.

You may be right, but as I asked earlier, why all the noise?

I think both Neville and AV06 are playing catch up behind Lerner and Still.

Both Lerner and Still reportedly held talks at least 2 months ago whilst the other two only came out of the woodwork when Lerner's interest hit the tabloids.

They have probably (and hopefully) missed the boat.

IMHO he is going to be disappointed then. He isnt playing with other shopkeepers anymore, some of these guys he is playing with are serious people

tbh, we didnt learn anything new tonight that hasnt already been discussed on here....

my take is that neville and padfield combining, shows that both dont have the necessary funds...

also shows that they dont have a decent plan because they have yet to meet up and discuss combining consortiums, let alone actually being close to putting in a bid...

PP IMO, I think that they are behind time wise, but they could be serious players if required.

Only time will tell

To be honest I wish we could just here something from the Lerner and Still camp, even though that will not happen it would be nice for us fans to know the intentions of every group viying for the club.

Right now all we can do is hang our hopes on media speculation, rumour and half truths from 'friend of a friend who works at Villa Park sources'

I HATE IT, I HATE IT, I HATE IT....ITS DRIVING ME MAAAAAAAAAAAD!

Trouble is they can't win! They keep quiet and we all accuse them of doing nothing and hiding their intentions. They talk to the press and we dismiss them as amateurs and also-rans. :D

Another benefit of Rothchilds concentrating on the Still and Lerner bids is that the general feeling is that they both want O'Neill. So if it was definitely going to be either/or then there's nothing stopping them appointing him on an interim contract to be renegotiated on completion of the takeover.