Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

tbh I don't think there'll really be an announcement today - things have been too quiet. If there was going to be one now, the only time it would be is as soon as the LSE shuts.

When does the LSE shut?

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last Wednesday the club made an anniuncement to the Stock Exchange at 17:02. which wasnt on the official site for nearly an hour after that

Might be worth someone popping over to the LSE site about 17:20 (information is delayed there by 15 mins) and seeing if anything is afoot

http://tinyurl.com/ksvu8

Check near the bottom where it says latest news Stories. the one from last week was called "re: offers"

Very quiet indeed.....

There's hardly bin any trades with Villa shares today....Only 3 that I can see and all at 504.75 with Price Quoted 4.975....S Ex closes at 5pm.

Didn't someone say who knew 2 people at VP & that person who claimed to have spoken to Tony Morley that any announcements regarding MON & Takeover would be made tomorrow??? but I'm not getting too excited....

I've actually done some work today in between keeping an eye on SSN, News Now & VT!!

I think i've missed something, what makes everyone think there'll be an anouncement today?

SSN yesterday were reporting after the story of the 3 Americans that there would be an announcement tomorrow (Today).

They didn't specify what the announcement would be linked to though - and needless to say it appears not to be forthcoming.

very true, i seem to rememeber when we appointed o'leary is was after the LSE has closed.

In this instance though if the announcement is linked to the bids for AVFC the LSE needs to be informed first - By law...... So even if there was movement behind the scenes later tonight, once the LSE closes at 5pm, we wouldn't get any information until after they are informed *I stress if it is related to the takeover and bid/s* - So tomorrow would be the earliest if nothing happens before 5pm at the LSE.

In this instance though if the announcement is linked to the bids for AVFC the LSE needs to be informed first - By law...... So even if there was movement behind the scenes later tonight, once the LSE closes at 5pm, we wouldn't get any information until after they are informed *I stress if it is related to the takeover and bid/s* - So tomorrow would be the earliest if nothing happens before 5pm at the LSE.

Unless the LSE have already been informed, but the club (as is typical) are slow in announcing today's activities.

Lerner deal could see O'Neill take job

Randy Lerner's re-emergence as a major contender to buy Aston Villa could see Martin O'Neill appointed as manager sooner rather than later.

American billionaire Lerner had been expected to tie up a £64million deal last week with Villa chairman Doug Ellis, only for talks to break down.

Sources claimed O'Neill was understood to have been "shocked" by the apparent collapse of the bid by Lerner, owner of NFL side Cleveland Browns.

Lerner has made it clear he sees O'Neill as the ideal candidate to replace David O'Leary, who left Villa a fortnight ago.

His representatives have re-opened talks with Ellis this week and a formal offer for the club is expected to be tabled in the next 24 hours.

O'Neill is the overwhelming choice of Villa fans to take over from O'Leary and in an ideal world Ellis would like him in place for the nine-day pre-season tour of Germany and Holland which gets under way on Friday.

Ellis has been having talks with former Leicester and Celtic boss O'Neill for the past two weeks since it became apparent O'Leary's days at Villa were numbered.

Lerner's bid may appear to be in the driving seat with Villa but another consortium - AV06 - fronted by deputy judge Nicolas Padfield QC, is still in the hunt.

It is understood they are ready to make £30million available immediately to O'Neill for new players with more to follow in January if they take control.

They have spoken with O'Neill and assured him of their support after it was initially thought they would prefer Michael Laudrup and John Jensen as their ideal managerial team.

The consortium fronted by Sven-Goran Eriksson's agent Athole Still remain in the frame, although they have kept a low profile for the past week.

But life-long Villa fan Michael Neville's consortium appear to be slipping down the order even though they made the first formal bid a week ago.

Leading shareholder Ellis has stipulated all interested parties must have the funds to provide £20million for new players on top of the £64million asking price to buy the club.

Villa have failed to bring in any new players during the summer and lost the services of on-loan James Milner who has returned to Newcastle.

O'Leary had been told to adopt a sell-to-buy policy before his three-year reign ended.

Here