Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No our club isn't dying. There are clubs in far, far, far worse positions than we are.

Have we had a winding up order? No

Do we own our own ground? Yes

Are we in the top flight of English football? Yes

Are we a publicly listed company? Yes

Has the share price actually been going up recently? Yes

This whole "I want him dead because...." stuff - how can you even begin to make a utilitarian calculation on someone's life when it's actually just a football club at stake, and the football club isn't even exactly at stake. We're in no danger of going bankrupt any time soon whatsoever. Even if we were it wouldn't be justified. If you knew he was going to start some mass genocide then fair play, maybe then it'd be better if he was dead or hadn't been born, but over an actually relatively healthy football club... don't even give me that.

This is a wind up right? If we continue to lose matches and players we will continue to lose potential revenue and will not be in the prem. Then we'll see if you apologists will still be on here posting. It's attitudes like this that mean people still let clowns like our current board get away with running the club in this manner. If you don't question things they wont get fixed. It's not all happy happy joy joy mate.

I'm not an apologist. I think he's done a shit job at running the club and the club is nowhere near its potential. I just don't think he's done a Michael Knighton either, and EVEN IF HE HAD I think wishing people dead is wrong. Under pretty much any circumstances. Actually read what I say before applying one of your nice simplistic little labels.

I'm not an apologist. I think he's done a shit job at running the club and the club is nowhere near its potential. I just don't think he's done a Michael Knighton either, and EVEN IF HE HAD I think wishing people dead is wrong. Under pretty much any circumstances. Actually read what I say before applying one of your nice simplistic little labels.

try not to complete edit your post twice. and don't be rude to me.

I don't consider myself a doug apologist but i don't believe things have been as terrible as some make out. There are only 4 teams since the premiership began who have more points than us in the premiership. The club hasn't been run great and there have been times when if the right investment had been made we could have had more success.

However wishing someone to die because Aston Villa is not performing great at the moment is really really pathetic IMO.

try not to complete edit your post twice. and don't be rude to me.

Well, I resent you labelling me. I consider that to be rude.

I clearly demonstrated i listened to your post because i quoted it before you deleted it all. I don't believe i said ickevillain is an apologist. I referred to all aplogists. If you feel you fall near that category or not is really your business.

Now let it lie before the thread get's locked. it's already been taken over.

Ok, I didn't want to get back into this:

"Then we'll see if you apologists will still be on here posting. It's attitudes like this"

That says to me:

The attitude which I am talking about is that of an apologist (It's attitudes like this).

The attitude which I am referring to was expressed by the person I am quoting (you apologists) ....

In this case, I don't see the distinction between saying "you apologists" and "apologists like you" .... If you can show me to have interpreted you wrong, you're welcome to.

Are we gonna make it to 100 pages without getting locked?

Will the thread get locked before Ellis really dies?

Will the takeover die before Ellis?

Will the club die before Ellis?

Stay tuned for more Friday afternoon fun and frolics, right here on your favourite- VT!

Ok, I didn't want to get back into this:

"Then we'll see if you apologists will still be on here posting. It's attitudes like this"

That says to me:

The attitude which I am talking about is that of an apologist (It's attitudes like this).

The attitude which I am referring to was expressed by the person I am quoting (you apologists) ....

In this case, I don't see the distinction between saying "you apologists" and "apologists like you" .... If you can show me to have interpreted you wrong, you're welcome to.

As i said, i'm bored of all this now.

NV - i'm aiming for pre 100s but we'll see how it goes mein bruder. Fun and frolics indeed. I think schools out by the way. Mind you they have internet in the class now so you never know.

Good, because you're a long way from it.

arent we all.... :lol:

Yep. Maybe I can take comfort in the fact that I dont find myself in the position of wishing people dead, though.

you should be proud of that too...

i wish i were more like you...

as im not, il leave you with this last statement on my opinion...

if he sells up, i couldnt care less if he died or not, he means nothing to me as a person...

but if he doesnt sell up, then him dying is the only way to get him out, then so be it... roll on the day...

those are his terms not mine...

If we continue to lose matches and players we will continue to lose potential revenue and will not be in the prem

Big deal. I'm old enough to remember life before the premier league. Old enough to remember life in Div 3. Its not the end of the world. Life goes on. Don't want us to go down - but its not life and death. You need to experience the lows before you taste the highs. I'm not settling for mediocrity, just trying to see the bigger picture. And not geting involved in wishing an already ill 80-something man dead.