Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Ellis' own arrogance and ego that will stop him selling.

Following prudence, you are now bestowing upon cuddly the gift of consistency. After all Ellis has never acted like a chameleon changing his opinion or support just to suit himself. Nope, straight down the middle that bloke. never waivers.

that is the whole point Gringo .....

He has never waived so when you heard only 18 months ago, he would be carried out only in a box we guessed that may be the case, however when challenged by Sky and other media whether he would be staying he never said the box statement.

That tells me everything and because he has always been consisent is the reason I reckon he decided to sell probably after the Heart op, the only debate he has is on what termss.

no the fact when direct questions have been put to him about his future and he has changed his tune, you said yourself he never waivers ....

yet he has changed his message, either it is some kind of elabroate ruse which i wonder if a sick old man being badgered by his family, colleagues etc. is capable of or it is that he is selling.

I think you'll find people worry more about the rumours that are true than the false ones....

Er...how do people know which rumours are true or false?

If they are rumours, then they are by definition "of uncertain (or doubtful) truth".

People worry about all sorts of sh*t, but unless you think you can do something about it, then don't bother worrying would be my view.

Keep up Pete. The rumours are about cuddly, and we are talking about cuddly or ucddly's attitude to the rumours - so of course he would know if the rumours, if any, are true. The comment was in the context of the first person, whereas your response was from the perspective of the third person.

Keep up Pete. The rumours are about cuddly, and we are talking about cuddly or cuddly's attitude to the rumours - so of course he would know if the rumours, if any, are true. The comment was in the context of the first person, whereas your response was from the perspective of the third person.

I'm trying my best, Gringo.

I thought people meant, y'know, people - folk in general - not "person"

sorry. It's been a long day.

Ellis wary over takeover

Aston Villa chairman Doug Ellis has reiterated his commitment to a "prudent and positive outcome" to the takeover talk surrounding the club.

Ellis, whose club on Thursday announced an operating loss of £9.4million for the six months ended November 30, 2005, has hired financial advisors Rothschild to seek a buyer for Villa.

Irish property developers the Comer brothers - whose Aston Villa Investments Limited consortium is fronted by lifelong Villa fan Michael Neville - remain "very optimistic" of taking charge of the club.

However, Ellis confirmed to the Stock Exchange that the consortium have not, to his knowledge, carried out due diligence so far and is yet to be provided with evidence of their financial ability to proceed with the acquisition.

Villa's losses were up by £600,000 from the 2004 results for the same period, with revenue falling from £19million to £17.7million, with a £600,000 reduction in television income cited as the reason for the drop.

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

The Board has recently appointed NM Rothschild to act as its financial adviser to help it determine the best strategy for the future of the Club. This includes, amongst other strategies, seeking a possible acquirer for the company who would build on the achievements of the current management team and pave the way for future success.

Best strategy....so rothers arent looking for buyers - they are advising on strategy. They may advise cuddly he should sell, in which case they will of course be sacked and yet another set of bankers appointed. Rothers are the third set of bankers appointed in 3 years by cuddly. They obviously keep giving him the wrong answers.

Not sure if this has been posted:

Ellis positive on takeover talks

By James Pearson - Created on 26 Jan 2006

Aston Villa chairman Doug Ellis continues to seek a positive outcome regarding takeover talks, as operating losses increased for the six months to December 2005.

The Midlands outfit unveiled mixed interim results on Thursday, as turnover fell from £19 million to £17.7 million, while operating losses increased by £600,000.

Ellis believes the club remain in a strong financial position, although manager David O'Leary has had his hands tied during the January transfer window.

"The last six months have seen mixed results on the field, but recent performances is encouraging," Ellis said in a statement to shareholders.

"The company remains in a strong financial position. We are looking forward to further progress at the club - both on and off the field.

"We will also continue to explore a prudent and positive outcome for the club from the current corporate activity, which is of major significance for all shareholders and supporters."

Shares in Aston Villa fell five pence on Thursday to £4.25 in early morning trading, although the stock has seen a healthy increase from last year's £3.25 price in March.

who the **** is going to want to take over our piss poor operation for 64 million quid?!?

ellis has well and truly **** us up and the only way is further down from now on...

wonder how the ellis desciples will defend their incompetent master now...