The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

I did not know you could get robbed by a ref in boxing....

Joke decision

World title fight both boxers were throwing punches with 3 rounds to go ahead in nearly every round

Robbed

Edited by AshVilla

Definite Hearn fix this IMO.

That ref was grossly incompetent.

And now we're told two judges had it only 76-75 to Groves. What a load of bullshit.

Another stinker with Eddie Hearns name on it. Get this fat cockney word removed out of boxing.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

That's an appalling decision when you look at the replay.

I dunno, the more you watch the replay the more you see the argument for the stoppage.

He was neglecting the first rule of boxing, protect yourself at all times. He was taking big hits and trying to swing through them rather than protecting himself.

The ref has to think about the fighters health, and its a tough call to make in a split second.

Groves cost himself that stoppage, he shouldn't have given the ref the option.

That's an appalling decision when you look at the replay.

I dunno, the more you watch the replay the more you see the argument for the stoppage.

He was neglecting the first rule of boxing, protect yourself at all times. He was taking big hits and trying to swing through them rather than protecting himself.

The ref has to think about the fighters health, and its a tough call to make in a split second.

Groves cost himself that stoppage, he shouldn't have given the ref the option.

Nope you are wrong, he was throwing back, he was not getting an answered beating. Pathetic decision. When a fighter is throwing back you don't stop the fight.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I can see the argument for a stoppage, but it shouldn't have been stopped.

Sorry but no, absolutely no argument for a stoppage, Groves was throwing back.
And that's exactly why he stopped it. Because groves was just throwing back rather than protecting himself from the hits coming in.

I'm not saying I agree with the decision, I'm just saying it isn't entirely indefensible, just mostly, and groves really didn't help himself.

I wonder which far east betting consortium bought the result then.  This has to be a gambling fix, doesn't it?  It's the only explanation I can think of. 

• Like 1

I can see the argument for a stoppage, but it shouldn't have been stopped.

Sorry but no, absolutely no argument for a stoppage, Groves was throwing back.
And that's exactly why he stopped it. Because groves was just throwing back rather than protecting himself from the hits coming in.

I'm not saying I agree with the decision, I'm just saying it isn't entirely indefensible, just mostly, and groves really didn't help himself.

No, when a fighter covers up and takes multiple unanswered shots a fight in the UK is almost always stopped. When you throw back you are showing the ref you are still in the fight, which Groves was.

The stoppage was entirely indefensible.

I'm glad Froch has been exposed to the public and is getting boo'd. As ever he's full of shit in the post fight interview.

Never seen anything like it

Froch was more of an MMA fighter towards the end talk about desperate

Lunging at him with fear in his eyes he was in trouble and about to lose his belts

Referee made a mockery of the sport which is a shame because Groves deserved it

Froch is a very lucky man and if he has any brain cells left after that beating he will run from any rematch

Froch is a word removed.

This ref has made my blood boil, Froch was way more hurt in the first round and by the refs thinking should have been stopped.

So glad Froch's image has taken a huge hit on this. I bet he dodges the rematch and looks for Ward, Ward would possibly stop him.

Â