PL: Liverpool h Match Thread 2009/12/29 19:45

limpid

Maybe if Gabby stopped waving his arms around and put that effort into some effing movement we might create a bit more.

Currently we have 2 strikers that just hold the ball up for nobody!

Gabby is running the channels very well. Holding the ball up is good when you get support from midfield - no worries though as NRC 'la god' will get us something!!!

One good NRC pass in the half and a lot of headless chicken chasing....

But of course Petrov has been world class and glided through the game....

One pass? There are a number of things he's done well and has so far been better than his partner.

Why do you have to move the emphasis. Agreed Petrov has been no better but I didn't need to make a comment on him just wanted to equate the adulation for NRC. Number of things a footballer is doing to earn his money -phew thank god for that!!!! He's been OK no more. He's not looked like a player to take us into Top 4 and NEVER has/WILL.

In fact I'd take Stan off and put NRC into the DM position to stop Benayoun / cheat from getting into us through the middle.

Maybe if Gabby stopped waving his arms around and put that effort into some effing movement we might create a bit more.

Gabby is running the channels very well. Holding the ball up is good when you get support from midfield - no worries though as NRC 'la god' will get us something!!!

gald you happy with no centre forwards and midfielder with drive eh?? :?

gald you happy with no centre forwards and midfielder with drive eh?? :?

Read my earlier post I prefer to see CFs no wider than 18yd box BUT MO'N wants Gabby in the channles so he is doing his job as asked. To say he isn't trying or putting in the effort like the other poster did was wrong imo.

Midfielders with drive run forward with the ball far more often and I'd love NRC to play like he did AT Anfield the two of the last threee years but he simply isn't. That is NOT a criticism, yet some seem to think it is.

To receive 'excellent / awesome / brilliant' needs a lot more than I've seen from ANYONE so far today.

gabbys been clas, hold up play is excellent. cmon villa lets get a goal.

If Gabby is holding up the ball and Carew is holding up the ball, who the hell is meant to score the goals?

Both strikers shouldn't be holding up the ball all the time!

If Gabby is holding up the ball and Carew is holding up the ball, who the hell is meant to score the goals?

Surely the both of them aren't holding up the ball at the same time? Not even Gabby can be that thick...

Agree with that, though you'll find that with only one ball they aren't doing it as exactly the same time ;-)

It's the lack of support from MF to receive the ball that is stopping the goals, see Gabby at OT for example of player holding - giving - receiving pass - GOAL.

Surely the both of them aren't holding up the ball at the same time? Not even Gabby can be that thick...

:lol: