PL: Wolves a 2009/10/24 Ratings and Reactions

limpid

Yep, lacking creativity unfortunately. At least we got a point though.

Not much else to say really...

Collins made some timely interceptions again.

He was the only one who stood out for me I'm afraid!

I personally thought Milner and Cuellar were up there with Collins as our top performers

I didnt think much of Milner whilst watching this match until later on that night when i saw match of the day and they showed just how much work he put in and what an intelligent footballer he is and as for the Collins statement i can agree i dont think i have seen this man put a foot wrong for Villa yet and long may it continue, quality signing!!

Yep, lacking creativity unfortunately. At least we got a point though.

Not much else to say really...

Collins made some timely interceptions again.

He was the only one who stood out for me I'm afraid!

I personally thought Milner and Cuellar were up there with Collins as our top performers

Fair enough, Milner always puts in a good shift.

I think Cuellar is very limited at RB though and would prefer to see a more natural player there such as Beye or obviously L. Young.

I still say Collins stood out which unfortuantely does not say too much.

A. Young upset me once again due to his predicatble work with the ball and his insistence to cross too long, out of play or into the goalkeepers hands. However I understand he did do something very good in the build-up to the goal.

Poor performance aside from the back 4 who once again were solid and gabby who always seems to come up with a goal in derby games, i hope the inbreds keep singing that song because every time they do he shuts them up.

I think our problem is that with a 442 there is little cover for the back 4 so they end up having to play out their skin to keep us in games. We've got results against Man City and Chelsea playing 442 but that was with the back 4 playing like men possessed by the determination of Paul McGrath.

I think we need to have a 5 man midfield if we want to create more chances against teams like Wolves and provide cover for the back 4, i think sticking Delph in with say Petrov and one of Sidwell or Reo-Coker would not only provide cover infront of the defence but also a means of breaking from midfield.

Carew is playing porrly at the moment so i'd swap him for Delph against Evertone and perhaps Coker in for Sidders, with Coker and Petrov just behind Delph.