With all the CB rumours

bromsgrove_avfc

Where should a new CB fit in if we could get one?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Where should a new CB fit in if we could get one?

• A good squad member - new 3rd choice
    • First choice ahead of Mellberg
    • First choice ahead of Laursen
    • We dont need a new CB

Its obvious most of us feel we need a CB and it looks like DOL is looking for one.

I was just wondering what standard everbody felt we should be looking for. Should we be replacing on of our current first choices and if so who or just a squad player better than we have to offer better competition?

Laursen has had enough injury problems and was very tired at the end of the game yesterday. Others have seen him rubbing his knee halfway through. He and ridgewell should be 2nd choice, then Cahill.

I agree with what has been said by DOL in that he prefers a player to stick to one position and so want us to have a centre back pairing that was as solid as the Ugo & Southgate one. The right player to complement Mellberg, plus a left back for good measure, and were sorted!

Don't ever want us buy or sign anyone from them. Hate it. God knows how the Scouse do it all the time. and Andy Cole to Man City, it's like Andy Johnson to Villa. No tar!

Agree about Laursen though, looked good enough sometime end last season but yet to prove himself.

yep, we shouldn't be playing laursen unless we have to i reckon (by that i mean as a 3rd choice centre back), as fielding a blatantly unfit centre back in the prem is just no good
and was that based on yesterday's performance where he looked pretty fit?

and was that based on yesterday's performance where he looked pretty fit?

He did? I didn't see him very fit. he was rubbing his knee apparently as if in pain, was really blowing in the last 20 mins, hands on hips, and his injury record speaks for itself.

Still think that versatility in a player can be to his detriment, look at Aaron Hughes at newcastle, was used in so many positions across the back that he never had the opportunity to cement a place.

Â