World of Warcraft

The_Rev

theres so much to get my head around,

when you sign on can you choose whethere you are on pvp each time. or is it a 1 off decision and i will then always be on it?

There are two factions on the game. Alliance and Horde.

There are several big cities in the world (and they are huge) and the areas surrounding these cities will be controlled by a faction. You cannot be attacked by the other side in these controlled areas if you dont want to be. These areas are the starting areas where the lower level people can play quite safely. You wont have arseholes ruining your play by killing you all the time if thats what you are worried about.

Beyond these controlled zones are contested zones. You can go into any of them at any time you want (they arent locked like they are in say, Grand Theft Auto) but there is a 'natural' path through them with regard to the strength of the monsters in the zones and the quests that you are doing at the time requiring you to go to these zones.

In contested zones its free for all. You can attack the other lot and they can attack you.

However, the lower level contested zones tend to be out of the way from the other faction. Horde have contested zones which are dominated by Horde players and characters, and Alliance have contested zones which are dominated by Alliance players and characters. Its only really when you start to get to the highest of levels when you really will be mixing with the other lot on a regular basis and by then you will be strong enough to look after yourself. There is one notable exception to this, but im sure you will find that out when you get there. But lets just say that jungles can be quite dangerous ;)

Again, im not sure. Survivability isnt just how well you can cope with being hit, but also how often you dont get hit which is something mages excel at.

As for PvP damage? Warlocks > Mages.

I highly disagree. I can meet locks in BG's and they will struggle to take me down no matter what spec. and it goes for most classes except mages themselves.

Mages on the other hand got burst damage and crowd control you cant match.

In PvP as a affliction/SL/Destro lock you can do damage, but arent even close as powerful as a fire mage. Just because you had fun once with a dedicated healer, well imagine how awsome mages are with dedicated healers?

Locks are like priests in the way that their dmg needs to be built up. Mages can nuke the jesus out of you without you noticing, which is why they cant take much of a beating. It would make them far to good.

Run oom? :lol:

The class with blink, evocation and ability to make their own water? Feck if you plan to kill entire IronForge, then you might have a problem.

Just admit it Nayson, Mages are better damage dealers then you in PvE and PvP. Locks are powerful as **** 1 vs 1, and good solo/survivability class, but damage dealing like mages isnt your thing. Which is why you got other abilities.

Nowai!

Anyway, wanna try this sometime soon? That guy is level 62 but the 2 points he has in Demonology i dont have wont make any difference to his DPS and his general damage output doesnt seem to be any higher than mine is.

XP grinding in TBC or Goldfarming now. Split the money 50/50.

OK I've given in and installed Bongos and X Perl, what's the glassy button mod called?

Good work, Nays had to talk me through the Bongos set up procedure but Xperl is easy, you might only change a couple of things, like on my target I prefer for it to say "rogue" rather then have to spend that extra second deciphering the class symbol. I had to tweak the position of my target and my targets target too, so they dont interfere with the PVP scoreboards, and thats about it. Plus I don't care about raids or what debuffs party members have because I'm not a dispeller.

The bongos set up was a bit of a pain, there seens to be no option to make a new bar, you have to scroll the tab from 7 to 8 in order to create an extra bar, but the process of adding the extra bar seems to move all the other bars back to the middle of the screen, unless, I did something wrong.

So as not to blind you with science Steven, here's a quick run down:

Rogues - melee class, sneaky bastards, do loads of damage and can creep up on people stealthed (ie invisible).

Warriors - melee class, loads of armor, you can either protect your mates or do lots of damage.

Mages - caster class ie use spells. Do loads of damage, turn people into sheep and make water that other casters need

Warlocks - fake mages. Can't turn people into sheep or make water. Die a lot in dungeons. For people who enjoy maths. In a geeky game, the geekiest class by far!

Shaman - (ie me) dirty hybrid class, ie a bit of melee, bit of a caster, bit of a healer. AKA battleground cannon fodder! We used to be overpowered apparently!

Priests - normal priests are there to heal everybody else, which can be more fun than it sounds. "Shadow Priests" are a bit tasty though, and are a good class to play in PvP, and a good class to avoid if you see one coming your way!

Druids - a bit like shaman, but turn into a variety of animals.

Hunters - insane unkillable death dealing class. Have pets that stop other classes doing anything that might hurt their owner, and can kill you from a mile away with one shot.

Paladins - Horde can't have these just yet, but they are the class of choice for twelve year olds everywhere.

But seriously, any Horde class on Tarren Mill will see your Warcraft experience maximised, as we'll all all be only too glad to help you out. We've all played it for so long there's literally nothing we don't know about the game between us. As Tarj said you can't be killed by the Alliance until you're about level 20 (out of 60 at the moment) and venture out of the safe areas.

OK I've given in and installed Bongos and X Perl, what's the glassy button mod called?

Good work, Nays had to talk me through the Bongos set up procedure but Xperl is easy, you might only change a couple of things, like on my target I prefer for it to say "rogue" rather then have to spend that extra second deciphering the class symbol. I had to tweak the position of my target and my targets target too, so they dont interfere with the PVP scoreboards, and thats about it. Plus I don't care about raids or what debuffs party members have because I'm not a dispeller.

The bongos set up was a bit of a pain, there seens to be no option to make a new bar, you have to scroll the tab from 7 to 8 in order to create an extra bar, but the process of adding the extra bar seems to move all the other bars back to the middle of the screen, unless, I did something wrong.

I found Bongos really easy. Just set up nice little square groups of buttons for spells, trinkets, totems etc, and turned off the bars I didn't need. A million times easier to use than DAB. DAB was such a pain in the arse after a patch that I just went back to the standard Blizz bars rather than reconfigure that piece of shit every time.

stevenjosff6.th.jpg

Welcome to the game anyway Steven.

As we have all said, any questions and we will be glad to answer. Any help needed and we will be glad to provide it. Part of the fun of the game is finding stuff for yourself though. There will be quite a few "woah!" moments when you see things for the first time. Just you wait and see...

New patch changes

I lose my cloak of shadows :(

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: :clap: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: :clap: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

The Hunter Nerf is the best one though.

Their attack speed was getting so fast i thought they were going to be able to interupt instant casts sooner or later. Im sure Warlocks, Mages, Priests, Shamen, Paladins, Balance Druids and any other caster out there can finally shout from the rooftops: **** YOU BROKENTOOTH!!!

Â