World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Thats strange, the Yanks seem to have gotten it, and guess what, it just **** over rogues with "Seal Fate" builds!

Not to worry, it seems the mini patch has targetted the more important issues, you know when you're in Moonkin form and you want to create your own guild tabard? Well now you can, without fear of crashing the game!

Go Blizzard!

Fixed a bug that occasionally prevented the Seal of Command talent from casting.

Surely that bug is the players keyboard breaking from over use as Seal of Command is the only **** thing they ever do in the 59 minutes or so that their Hearthstone is on cooldown!

Yeah, good to see that Blizz has their priorities right. Never mind fixing the problem with totems that makes us worse than useless against any boss with AOE damage, the 100's of Moonkins turning in guild charters is obviously vital!

This thread is definately an epic read in itself, from the "coo its just like GTA - with cows and blunderbuss's" to the above, bleating that in an obscure part of the game many casual gamers wont see, let alone understand the abbrebviations of, is too difficult.

Its interesting to see the learningcurve - worth having a read one night when your waiting for a patch to install.

This thread is definately an epic read in itself, from the "coo its just like GTA - with cows and blunderbuss's" to the above, bleating that in an obscure part of the game many casual gamers wont see, let alone understand the abbrebviations of, is too difficult.

Its interesting to see the learningcurve - worth having a read one night when your waiting for a patch to install.

If you do, re create the first screenie you made!

Oh, and time for a screenshot:

ellisout3fe.jpg

nostalgia0ht.jpg

(the shoulders are too big now, and it just looks stupid with his hands by his mouth, but its shows how much has changed and how little has changed beautifully!)

Oh, and naughty gnomes!

Double oh, Autobuff returns in a weird way. Its somehow different, but i cant be arsed to figure it out tonight.

Monday night our guild assembled on the steps of Undercity for a group photo! Possibly the best use of the shamens "far sight" spell!

Then we took off for southshore and a running battle for about 1/2 ensued, with ally flying in to assist. We packed up, but the ally then gave Tauren Milla pounding for the next hour aparently, making it an unplayable area for all those questing. Good fun and 44 honour kils to my credit!

I like my guild, they are kind of relaxed and helpful not at all tense or uptight, but people are now starting to ding 60 daily. ITs cool to belong to a guild that suits your character.

Well, I reckon if anybody wanted to join the Dashers, now would be an EXTREMELY good time to apply.

There's been a spate of leavings lately, with people citing lack of progress in BWL and other reasons. It'd be great if we were all in the same guild, so Dan, Sam and Limpid get your arses over to the Dashers site! I know you're probably happy with your guilds at present (esp Dan who's doing well in Century) but if you lot joined we'd have 6 VTers in one guild!

Go on, you know it makes sense!

I hit 60 in early Jan, and didn't join a guild until March, Limpid and Sam need to spend a few weeks farming gear in order to make them guild worthy, even after they get 60. I'm happy as I am, but I'm still on trial and might be out on my arse in which case I'll come running in your direction!

Sam wont, hes a Priest!

Oh, and big claims here!

ntmysFixLoadingTimes

Improves loading-times between zoning (ie: switching continents, entering/ leaving an instance). This works by preventing numerous events from being processed by the event-handlers during zoning, events that would otherwise update your interface with information that you simply won't need when you are starring at a loading-screen. Depending on your system and installed addons, zoning will be 5-10 times faster (no kidding: for me as an example, MC loads in 6-8s instead of over 1 minute).

use /nFLT to cycle between different modes:

on (with messages) - the default

on (without messages)

off (with messages)

off

With messages, it shows how long zoning took and how many events had been processed. When using [off (with messages)] you can see how much time passes when all events are being processed, so you can compare your loading times with and without FLT turned on.

Because i wasnt whining, i was stating a fact. I could show you the point where he was doing it, and get in there myself if i wanted. Cant be arsed to argue the toss though.

Anyway, that mod is **** fantastic. Does everything it says it will, and with better results than i expected. I just did the trip from Orgrimmar to Rachet via Zep to Grom Gol and Ship back from Booty Bay. Actually saw the sea underneath the zep as it was flying into stranglethorn vale (normally the first thing i see is the bloody Zep tower as the loading screen/map finally **** off. Coming back on the ship it was even better. Remember sailing for ages from the loading screen change to the port at Rachet? Well, that happened! I dont know what the bloke has done, or how he has done it, but i didnt notice any change in the game other than the tiny tiny tiny loading screens.

And i did some more mod updating for stuff i had before 1.10, and re updated Scrolling Combat Text which was the first mod i ever had, and ive never done anything since i had it. This time i actually red the details, and shit, what a nubcake i am. I didnt know you could get it to tell you when your buffs expire, or when you enter/exit combat (enter is nice from a Locks point of view, so you dont lose your pet while riding and some level 9 scorpion outside Orgrimmar decides he wants a bit, and you dont notice and your demon dies) exit is cool too. You know when you can mount, and when those little net throwing words removed at Gadgetzan stop chasing you. Also, you can get it to flag when you have 5 combo points and shit like that. /sct if you are thick like me and never used the options once!

If Sam is at L59, I think we should all make a concerted effort ot get him to L60 this weekend. LBRS is a pretty good way to ding I reckon (that's what I did) so I think we should take him towards Blackrock. I can't actually remember my first time in there, I've done it that many times.

Id be up for that. Make a Warlords command of it for the Onyxia key?

We all got quite lucky in that we could join classruns and stuff, and i remember being amazed at the difference in doing an instance where decent loot actually drops, compared to just doing them for quests and XP like the pikey instances you do from Ragefire Chasm - Sunken Temple. You could get away with that at 57/58 and in a group full of nubs because you basically had 8 or 10 players in there. No doubt its a lot less forgiving for those who are just making there way into the endgame instances for the first time now. Look at the shit we had with Dire Maul (Tribute) because we were so used to the easy mode of classruns and Dire Maul was capped to 5 men. Still, finally beating that with Dan is still the most satisfying PvE moment on the game for me. The fact that it was all our work (and by our, i mean the four of us, Me, you, Dan and Tarj) that beat the instance, that we had to learn the place and not beat it just because we could be carried by nine other players. I think you would get that in any 5 man instance too, because you would know that your contribution is vital to the success of the run.

Stratholme (Baron) is just dripping with fantastic blue shadow caster gear. I think i kitted myself out in there just while going for those **** Dreadmist leggings. Well worth going in for Sam if he is staying Shadow. And of course, the class gear. I dont mind hammering Scholo too. Other than the Warlock epic mount quest, i never completed any quests in there. And you get gold for quests at level 60, dont you?

And you get gold for quests at level 60, dont you?

Oh yes. Turned in that ZG quest where you get the heads, and it paid something like 9G. Well worth it!

I actually need to do LBRS for a chance of the Elements boots as well.

Ok, I know I'm a latecomer but I just ordered this crack for geeks from Amazon as I've got a new PC so any tips for a newbie?

Don't do it!

But seriously....create a Horde character on the Deathwing server when it arrives, and join the VT family!

Â