Pelle

yes or no to death penalty?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. yes or no to death penalty?

• No
    • Yes
    • Undecided

are you being awkward ?

I am comparing New York to other US states, you would imagine in New York being a city actually some problems there are actually worse

yet their levels of murders are way lower than New Orleans _ Lousiana which I think has the death penalty

surely you must accept comparsions between US states are valid

therefore if there is no deterrent effect shown then simply it does not work ?

you have no evidence at ALL none, to prove captial punishment works as a deterrent

Japan are below us in the rankings for murder.

They are pretty much similar to us in terms of rich/poor divide, weapon ownership etc.

Yet they have capital punishment.

They are pretty much similar to us in terms of rich/poor divide, weapon ownership etc.

1 If you think (rightly IMO) poverty has a direct effect on crime, then why not tackle that?

and

2, here are some better stats....

Clicky

1 If you think (rightly IMO) poverty has a direct effect on crime, then why not tackle that?

and

Clicky

Blimey. If that's not evidence that the Death Penalty is not a deterrant, then I don't know what is.

and

Clicky

yes, definitely.

5-10 years on Death Row (to give them a chance to think about what they've done).

painful death or humane death - depends on the crime.

Id vote for that.

Im hugely surprised that there are so many liberal minded posters on VT. I have obviously spent too much time in the political threads.

Â