Lord of the Fallen 2023

Designer1

7 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Orian Preacher, considered the strongest starting class. 

Nearly went for the Dark Crusader as they look awesome but I wanted a class with decent spell and melee balance.

If I complete it once, and it's a big if 🤣 I'll maybe try a magic build of some description.  I don't usually go down that route on Soulslike games but might be fun to try out.

55 minutes ago, dubbs said:

If I complete it once, and it's a big if 🤣 I'll maybe try a magic build of some description.  I don't usually go down that route on Soulslike games but might be fun to try out.

He's primarily melee (as you saw last night) - but having healing and casting from range is always a bonus.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dubbs said:

Now that you have access to the hub area, you'll be able to buy various supplies etc and start a few npc quests. There's a vendor/npc who exists in Umbral in the hub that is useful for unlocking Boss gear rewards.

I would recommend unlocking the Blacksmith next and getting your gear upgraded asap. It's quite a tough side quest, but its worth the effort to get some levels on your gear.

Video here if you want a bit of a guide on where to go:

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

And finished.

Overall its a very good game but it's hampered by some pretty big flaws (enemy density being my main bugbear as its absolutely ridiculous in some areas) but the combat, variety of builds and world design itself are all good.

I may return to go for the Platinum at some point but I'll need a bit of a break first after ploughing 80hrs+ into the first playthrough. 

Right, now to get stuck into Baldurs Gate 3.

• Like 1

On 29/10/2023 at 11:54, Designer1 said:

And finished.

Overall its a very good game but it's hampered by some pretty big flaws (enemy density being my main bugbear as its absolutely ridiculous in some areas) but the combat, variety of builds and world design itself are all good.

I may return to go for the Platinum at some point but I'll need a bit of a break first after ploughing 80hrs+ into the first playthrough. 

Right, now to get stuck into Baldurs Gate 3.

Nice one mate. Now you're finished I'll not be able to get you involved in my games to help out 😭.  

Wouldn't say I'm enjoying it as much as other games in the genre.  I'm only in the swamps at the moment and the area seen has a bit "boring" so far.  I'm sure it'll change as I progress through, I really should sink more hours in.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dubbs said:

So now the game is broken.  Don't have the option to go into umbrel which basically means I can't progress.  

Haven't been keeping an eye on the latest updates. I take it this is a common glitch? If so, that's a big big problem 😯

34 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Haven't been keeping an eye on the latest updates. I take it this is a common glitch? If so, that's a big big problem 😯

I've googled it and couldn't find anything. I had to reset the game 3 or 4 times before it returned.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to finish this but I have to say it's just not up there with Bloodborne etc.  I'm in the mines at the moment so not sure how far through I am but once this playthrough is complete I don't think I'll be coming back for a replay any time soon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dubbs said:

I'm going to finish this but I have to say it's just not up there with Bloodborne etc.  I'm in the mines at the moment so not sure how far through I am but once this playthrough is complete I don't think I'll be coming back for a replay any time soon.

No, im in the same boat. it's a good game and I'm glad I finished it, but it still has some big issues (even after multiple patches) which would put me off further playthroughs. 

Nowhere near the level of Lies of P in terms of pure quality and polish (or as you say the Soulsborne series).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@Designer1 How on earth did you defeat the judge cleric? My strength build has been doing well for me up to now but this #### finishes me pretty quickly with either holy or fire damage.  That second phase she's on me all the time.  It seems this is definitely a boss to take down with magic, but my stats are too low to use any decent casts.  Thinking maybe throwables?

3 hours ago, dubbs said:

@Designer1 How on earth did you defeat the judge cleric? My strength build has been doing well for me up to now but this #### finishes me pretty quickly with either holy or fire damage.  That second phase she's on me all the time.  It seems this is definitely a boss to take down with magic, but my stats are too low to use any decent casts.  Thinking maybe throwables?

That's the one wearing the crown who does the arrow AOE? Yeah, that was an absolute bastard iirc. I seem to remember I dropped equipment down to the fastest roll speed and used a 2H weapon while dodging under their weapon swings.

Not gonna lie, that was one of the hardest bosses.

37 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

That's the one wearing the crown who does the arrow AOE? Yeah, that was an absolute bastard iirc. I seem to remember I dropped equipment down to the fastest roll speed and used a 2H weapon while dodging under their weapon swings.

Not gonna lie, that was one of the hardest bosses.

Yeah that's the one, and yes an absolute bastard!  My great sword does stupid amounts of damage to her but is slow and if you get caught in the AOE your lucky not to be toast.  I'll check my equipment weight and see if I can reduce at all.

• Like 1

Still can't do this boss.  Absolute bollocks battle.  The first stage where she rains arrows in a circle is a joke.  I've had to turn it off because it's less fun than watching Stevie G team 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Still can't do this boss.  Absolute bollocks battle.  The first stage where she rains arrows in a circle is a joke.  I've had to turn it off because it's less fun than watching Stevie G team 

Steady on.

I'm just reached Elianne the Starved, final boss I think.  Not sure if this is the same ending anyone else went for but you basically fight a harder version of the first boss.  Using a strength build so it's going to be tricky because she's quick moving and has lots a AOE spells which are difficult to avoid.

It's been ok, but not something I'll rush back to.  Got Lies of P to finish off as well.

Got this for Xmas and managed to sink a few hours in it today.

Just got past Pieta at last, after god knows how many tries (most difficult first boss I've encountered in a game since who knows when....). Annoyingly, got her down to about 1/4 health and the game crashed, so I've already experienced some of the technical issues that so many have complained about.

It's good. I can see where it has some charm and individuality to it. There's still much about the systems/upgrades that I don't quite understand yet, but will keep plugging away.

• Like 1

Good to have someone else giving this a try.  Pieta took me ages too, but @Designer1 joined my game and we got there in the end.  

If there are any specific bits and pieces your stuck on or don't understand I'm sure we can help out.  Good luck out there Lampbearer!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â