wedge

Booked, Wizz Air from Luton, don't think I've got a hope in hell of a ticket but will be there dodging white balaclava-clad Legia ultras regardless 😂😉:flag:

Looking forward to ticking a new country and city off the list.

Anyone else going?

4 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Any help needed mate?

Which airport are you flying to? 

Where are you staying?

As for me, my kid is due right now :D So going is up in the air.

I will try for sure.

Hello mate, yes please, mine and my mate's first time to Poland and obviously Warsaw so any tips for first timers would be more than appreciated! Is it likely to be one we need to stay alert for as high liklihood of fan trouble or is that blown out of proportion etc?

Flying into Chopin and staying in Ibis in the city centre.

Congratulations on the impending arrival!

On 03/09/2023 at 14:42, wedge said:

Hello mate, yes please, mine and my mate's first time to Poland and obviously Warsaw so any tips for first timers would be more than appreciated! Is it likely to be one we need to stay alert for as high liklihood of fan trouble or is that blown out of proportion etc?

Flying into Chopin and staying in Ibis in the city centre.

Congratulations on the impending arrival!

You’ll be fine anywhere in Warsaw. As you get closer to the ground it could be a bit more edgy. The ultras there are fanatic but I haven’t heard of any proper violence for a while. 

look for trams/trains to get to the ground as taxis will be a pain on match day. 

Looks like the 171 bus is your best bet, every 30 mins. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

You’ll be fine anywhere in Warsaw. As you get closer to the ground it could be a bit more edgy. The ultras there are fanatic but I haven’t heard of any proper violence for a while. 

look for trams/trains to get to the ground as taxis will be a pain on match day. 

Looks like the 171 bus is your best bet, every 30 mins. 

Thanks mate, appreciate the advice. Any areas particularly that you'd recommend for pre-match boozing?

26 minutes ago, wedge said:

Thanks mate, appreciate the advice. Any areas particularly that you'd recommend for pre-match boozing?

Nowy swiat street for me is the coolest place, but I admit that may be a very touristy answer considering my inexperience with Warsaw :D

the best place for old school vibe with cheap drinks is Pijalnia Wodki I Piwa. There are a couple in the nowy swiat area 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Nowy swiat street for me is the coolest place, but I admit that may be a very touristy answer considering my inexperience with Warsaw :D

the best place for old school vibe with cheap drinks is Pijalnia Wodki I Piwa. There are a couple in the nowy swiat area 

That reads like one of, well, I won’t tease him by naming him, but you know who’s posts. Incidentally I bet @Demitri_Cwould love to travel to Poland.

• Like 1

Â