Claret & Cub memberships 2023/24

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

Kingman

9 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Guessing with the premium membership you will get first dibs at the tickets a day or two before the normal membership would do.  They should throw in Villa TV aswell for free

Maybe a a ticketing website that works when under pressure is the benefit for premium members? The ticketing website for the Semi Final 1st leg was awful.

On a serious note, your suggestion sounds more likely and something I would probably go for.

4 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Maybe a a ticketing website that works when under pressure is the benefit for premium members? The ticketing website for the Semi Final 1st leg was awful.

On a serious note, your suggestion sounds more likely and something I would probably go for.

Have you ever seen a ticket website that sell tickets in demand not awful?. Ticketmaster is always bad. 

22 minutes ago, NeilS said:

You're probably not wrong it's likely, and I can see why people will feel pressured into going for it, but a few years ago we prioritised solely based on attendance, we've all but locked match tickets behind a membership and now even that don't be enough and big games will be exclusive to people willing to pay a premium on top of the membership as well as the tickets being more expensive.

Par for the course and people will grin and bear it as long as we do well on the pitch, but it's **** depressing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Have you ever seen a ticket website that sell tickets in demand not awful?. Ticketmaster is always bad. 

To be honest, the semi final tickets was probably the worst experience I have had on any ticketing website recently. I have had long waits in queues I expect that, but still managed to purchase tickets for my daughter to go and see Beyoncé and some tickets for me and friends to see Foo Fighters without it crashing or not allowing me to add tickets to the basket. There were some odd things happening whenever I tried to add tickets to the basket with no add to basket button showing, so I think that is something that needs improving if we are looking to see tickets in a bigger stadium in the future. The site couldn't handle it, which to be fair is a first for me, but will become more common place if we continue to be succesful.

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

You're probably not wrong it's likely, and I can see why people will feel pressured into going for it, but a few years ago we prioritised solely based on attendance, we've all but locked match tickets behind a membership and now even that don't be enough and big games will be exclusive to people willing to pay a premium on top of the membership as well as the tickets being more expensive.

Par for the course and people will grin and bear it as long as we do well on the pitch, but it's **** depressing.

Yes, the prices are rising at a frightening pace. I couldn't believe it when seeing prices north of £60 for a home match, there is no way I can afford to go to more than 7 or 8 matches a season and I don't think I earn bad money.

• Like 1

The whole ticketing experience I went through last month was painful to say the least. I just got two tickets to a Toronto FC game next weekend. Transferred in ticketmaster (person who owns the tickets transferred them to me and all it needed was an email address). It's the same with NHL or NBA tickets here as well. Ticketmaster is a whole other topic/debate but in terms of handling tickets etc, it's lightyears ahead of anything we currently have at the club.

21 hours ago, ender4 said:

There is no free version. The adult membership is £40 which gives you a welcome pack and access to buy tickets before general sale.  

They are looking at creating a premium version, say for £60-80, unsure what extra benefits they would give.

Ohh ok, I'm not sure what I signed up for to get tickets and an ID for the last match I went to then!!!

1 hour ago, MapleVilla said:

Ohh ok, I'm not sure what I signed up for to get tickets and an ID for the last match I went to then!!!

It sounds like you got a Fan ID and bought tickets in the general sale window - you need a membership to get them earlier, but you need an ID to get them at all.

3 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

No more waiting list

Is that not punishing the people that have had STs for years though? 

2 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

Is that not punishing the people that have had STs for years though? 

They have the cheapest tickets for years. Villa need to increase the revenue.  I would say this giving everyone a equal chance is fair. 

1 minute ago, Pongo Waring said:

They have the cheapest tickets for years. Villa need to increase the revenue.  I would say this giving everyone a equal chance is fair. 

So someone who's gone home and away for the last 10+ years should be put on the same criteria as someone that's willing to pay for membership for a season? 

I fit in that category and I'm still not top tier when it comes to away allocation, despite my best efforts to get tickets to every single away game. I'm not sure I'd be happy if I lost all that to a membership scheme.

• Like 1

To add to that, club loyalty stands for very little as it is anyway when it comes to getting tickets. I think there should at least be a bit more of a nod towards STH, particularly if the prices ramp up again and we lose any more benefits (anyone remember the Holte Suite?)

11 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Just to be sure what you are saying. Season ticket holders contribute the most up front income at the start of every new seaso ouside of corporate boxes, and have to take on price rises of tickets just the same.

And you are saying they should get no extra benefit of ticket availability first over someone who stumps up 40 to 80 for a membership and that's it?

17 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Just to be sure what you are saying. Season ticket holders contribute the most up front income at the start of every new seaso ouside of corporate boxes, and have to take on price rises of tickets just the same.

And you are saying they should get no extra benefit of ticket availability first over someone who stumps up 40 to 80 for a membership and that's it?

The question I was trying to ask but articulated very poorly. Thank you.

I'm all for the membership, I think there's a few clubs that do it, and if I'm not mistaken, I think Liverpool charge a fortune for theirs and it's still a ballot? I might be wrong, but there was definitely something murky about it.

But there's a big difference between a ST and a Membership, in almost every way.

1 hour ago, T-Dog said:

So someone who's gone home and away for the last 10+ years should be put on the same criteria as someone that's willing to pay for membership for a season? 

I fit in that category and I'm still not top tier when it comes to away allocation, despite my best efforts to get tickets to every single away game. I'm not sure I'd be happy if I lost all that to a membership scheme.

I mean yeah maybe they have a little more chance to go away, maybe a higher percentage in the draw. 
What about for people born in the last few years? They will never get a chance to see Villa away because they weren't born 10-90 years ago? 

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I think all villa fans should be treated the same and have the same chances. 
No one going to be happy tho what ever they decide to do.

2 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Ok, I see your point now.

I don't know your age or your background, but I do know people that have STs for 2/3 years that have managed to get Europa away tickets this season. 

It's not easy, even for the ones that have a lot of booking history, but that's the game. I'm pro membership, as long as it doesn't rip punters off, but also, don't drop the ST, that's what it's all about. Maybe the correct solution would be for the club to address the waiting list, but that's not my area of expertise.

Maybe a ballot for tickets for those on the waiting list? Set a certain amount of seats aside? You can't be punishing the people that did Preston away in the Championship when Fat Ross missed a penalty because there's a waiting list now. That doesn't sit well with me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

But again people who have had season tickets through bad times don't get any reward? No? Doesn't seem reasonable?

• Like 1

Â