As blocker detected - not using ad blocker (Chrome, OS)

Dodgyknees

Question

I’m using Chrome on OS (IPhone 14 Pro Max) and every now and then I get a notification that I’m using an ad blocker and reminding me this site needs advertising.

I don’t use an ad blocker. Is this something built into Chrome on OS?

11 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

I’m using Chrome on OS (IPhone 14 Pro Max) and every now and then I get a notification that I’m using an ad blocker and reminding me this site needs advertising.

I don’t use an ad blocker. Is this something built into Chrome on OS?

What is "Chrome on OS"?

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I use Mozilla on Android and gey it all the time. It goes away on its own when I click a link.

It's all up to date so I don't think I can do much other than wait for an update

Once you dismiss it, it won't appear again until the next day.

On 24/05/2023 at 22:03, limpid said:

It's all up to date so I don't think I can do much other than wait for an update

Once you dismiss it, it won't appear again until the next day.

It's appearing every few seconds at the moment, certainly every time you click on a new topic or change areas.

Hi @limpid, thanks for the prompt reply.

It is the same issue. It was previously once a day for me. This was easy to ignore and not enough for me to annoy you about. Now it is after every page refresh which makes the site very hard.

Unfortunately it’s not as simple for me as “turn off Adblocker” because it’s the whole browser. There’s no extra Adblock option here. I’d have to totally change browsers.

8 minutes ago, Enda said:

Hi @limpid, thanks for the prompt reply.

It is the same issue. It was previously once a day for me. This was easy to ignore and not enough for me to annoy you about. Now it is after every page refresh which makes the site very hard.

Unfortunately it’s not as simple for me as “turn off Adblocker” because it’s the whole browser. There’s no extra Adblock option here. I’d have to totally change browsers.

Ah, Brave. Stealing money from websites since it launched.

This isn't something that I can fix. I can only turn the AD blocker detector on or off. Hopefully they'll fix it.

Â