Mortal Kombat 1

Chindie

• 3 weeks later...

Posting this because the trailer itself won't embed due to the over the top gore.

It looks good. It's clearly got the bones (boomboom) of MK11 in it but they've mixed up things with the 'kameo' system (which is basically an assist ala MVC crossed with a special move). Presentation is off the charts.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Again can't embed the trailers due to age restriction (sigh) so here's Max going over the SDCC related trailers.

The new character Umgadi doesn't look terribly good gameplay wise, but Tanya looks decent and Baraka is appropriately stupid.

And then we get the leaked DLC list confirmed. 2 evil Superman tropes, Cena's Peacemaker, Takada from MKX, the worst Ermac design ever and **** Quan-chi. Ooft.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I don't know who Max is but he needs to shut the **** up :D 

Probably the most well known fighting game streamer. Good bloke.

I only link his videos because the gore on the actual trailers prevents embeds, so might as well go for the best fighting game media guy.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Probably the weakest launch trailer they've done but the game itself is looking really good. There's been a good reaction to the various playtests they've done, and it does look like they've made a conscious effort to basically make it be MK11 with turbo charged speed and a bit more colour.

Not sure it's the best roster they've had but not the worst either - a bit too much of the PS2 era lineup with the lines of Nitara (with Megan Fox, ugh). The DLC roster is shite though.

Max does a gameplay breakdown for Scorpion.

They've done some interesting stuff with Scorpion this time. He's seemingly very good at combos and air juggles, particularly with a good assist. Being able to do a 20odd hit combo without much effort is pretty mental. Though they then balance that with him having very limited pokes.

Max also has the above covering some of the systems they've been quiet on.

Essentially it's heavily pared back the customisation stuff from 11, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's still there but much, much less in size and scope. They also have added a kind of character mastery unlock path whereby you level up characters to unlock rewards which includes everything from cosmetic items and skin palettes to brutalities. Which is interesting, if very influenced by F2P titles - the Avengers game had essentially the same thing. They've also seemingly nicked the battle pass season mechanic from every online multiplayer game of the last 5 years it appears.

Speaking of F2P shit, multiple currencies for microtransactions as per. Despicable shit but thankfully not as outright foul as WB at is worst got.

Missing the krypt, which is a shame.

Yeah, not great but not the horrific mess you normally think of with WB these days.

• Thanks 1

On 17/09/2023 at 13:14, Chindie said:

Smoke looks awesome, although tempered by the fact Max is a pretty good fighting game player and not everyone is going to be looking this good with a character without a lot of practice.

What platform you getting it on Chindie?

I prob wont get it on switch it looks like it needs more juice so ill be getting on xbox

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What platform you getting it on Chindie?

I prob wont get it on switch it looks like it needs more juice so ill be getting on xbox

When I pick it up it'll probably be PS5. But not sure when it'll be. I'm usually day one for a MK title but this time I'll probably wait. Possibly even until the GOTY version.

Not a problem of the game itself but just, there's other stuff my money is allocated to.

38 minutes ago, Chindie said:

When I pick it up it'll probably be PS5. But not sure when it'll be. I'm usually day one for a MK title but this time I'll probably wait. Possibly even until the GOTY version.

Not a problem of the game itself but just, there's other stuff my money is allocated to.

Apparently the whole thing we have known about MK has been changed for example raiden is no longee a thunder god and liu kang is a god now. Also scorpian and sub zero arr brothers not enemies on this

Im not sure how i feel about this i woll have to play it and see. 

Â