Horse Racing - the good, the bad and the ugly

bielesibub

24 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

assuming we're all doing an e/w lucky, mine is below. crazy price considering has good form here

11 Nov 2023 15:45:00 NEWCASTLE (A.W) Onesmoothoperator

I’ll put my loser up in the morning if that’s ok. Haven’t looked at the cards properly yet. Will do so later or in the morning 

18 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’ll put my loser up in the morning if that’s ok. Haven’t looked at the cards properly yet. Will do so later or in the morning 

No worries mate.

Merlin already into 3/1 from 5/1. Hopefully it's not 7/4 by tomorrow  🙈

For the lucky-15

WINCANTON 14:25 The Big Breakaway

Others for tomorrow: I've gone for 4 folds 25p e/w - treating it like a lottery, if they all win/place, then great if not, tomorrow is another day.

1425    Wincanton    The Big Breakaway (IRE)
1900    Chelmsford     Different Tone (GB)
1358    Gowran Park    Crack The Sky (GB)
1350    Wincanton    Knappers Hill (IRE)

Today's results so far are place, place, place, win, waiting for the result of the 1930.

• Thanks 2

My bet of the day tomorrow is Envoi Allen 2.20 Down Royal . 4/4 at the track and everything to suit him . Up against some other class horses but 9/2 in a 4 horse race where the favourite is 4/5 is good value imo . Rachel Blackmore jumps off Minella Indo to ride him. 

• Thanks 1

betfair giving £5 free bet when you place a £5 multi on horse racing today by the way. free bet has to be used on another multiple and it's not best odds guaranteed but still not bad offer

• Like 2

Looking forward to seeing our hero Frodon run today . Such a great horse and back in handicap company running off same mark he won this race off last year. I know he can handle soft ground but I don’t think he’s at his best on it anymore and lumping 12 stone and being a year older may take its toll . I’ll kick myself if he wins because I’ve gone with Sam Brown who I had slightly in front on my ratings for this race . 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Looking forward to seeing our hero Frodon run today . Such a great horse and back in handicap company running off same mark he won this race off last year. I know he can handle soft ground but I don’t think he’s at his best on it anymore and lumping 12 stone and being a year older may take its toll . I’ll kick myself if he wins because I’ve gone with Sam Brown who I had slightly in front on my ratings for this race . 

probably should've looked at wincanton. not into my jumps at all but some pretty high quality races on that card.

apparently a nice course too and not far from me, just never had the chance to go

27 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i feel bad doing a longer odds one now as we can't do it as an E/W lucky but it was the only one i fancied today

I wouldn't worry mate. You know yourself anything is capable of flying first past the post in this game, especially on the AW.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I love Frodon. Won plenty of cash for me over the years. As you say, age is against and lumping loads of weight won't help. I won't be happy either if it wins as I've also gone against it too.

29 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i feel bad doing a longer odds one now as we can't do it as an E/W lucky but it was the only one i fancied today

Why? I put big odds in my lucky 15s all the time and never go ew. A big price selection ups the money big time. 

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I love Frodon. Won plenty of cash for me over the years. As you say, age is against and lumping loads of weight won't help. I won't be happy either if it wins as I've also gone against it too.

Nicholls is confident . Depends if he has it all his own way too .

Â