Horse Racing - the good, the bad and the ugly

bielesibub

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

2.00 Aintree I think Hitman is the class act here but I also like Al Dancer and he may shock a few 

Definately a tough one to call Ruge.

There's about 5 or 6 you could throw a blanket over.

Going to side with Do Your Job for the win.

BF paying 4 places.

Hang in there E/W

Courtland  E/W

19 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I think Ashington in the 12.50 Aintree could enjoy being upped in distance and is 25/1. Very tough race to call not much standing out 

2.00 Aintree I think Hitman is the class act here but I also like Al Dancer and he may shock a few 

3.29 Wincanton Morodor if ready to go could be the one here but again not a lot sticking out today 

It was one of those days mate. After the first 3 races I got involved in it wasn't going to get any better and closed the wallet and watched the game with a few beers instead.

Nothing wrong in living to fight another day rather than lining their pockets.

Saturday looks a good day with jump action at Ascot and Wetherby.  B)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It was one of those days mate. After the first 3 races I got involved in it wasn't going to get any better and closed the wallet and watched the game with a few beers instead.

Nothing wrong in living to fight another day rather than lining their pockets.

Saturday looks a good day with jump action at Ascot and Wetherby.  B)

I had 3 quid lucky 15 with one winner which paid pennies back but no harm done. Kept it small because it looked too tough . Al Dancer ran very well I thought .

• Like 1

I think I managed to get my system up and running last night, I've picked the following in a not so lucky15:

CATTERICK 1307 ROGUE ENFORCER
CHEPSTOW 1405 FORTUNA LIGNA
NEWCASTLE 1745 PINK PARFAIT
NEWCASTLE 1915 LEADMAN

Over the past month I've managed to build up a couple hundred quid from doing the free spins across the various bookies. That should keep me in bets for the next few months.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

How did you do yesterday ?

won, placed, lost, placed.

£1.50 down, £1.68 back. Last of the big spenders.

Didn't lose at least.

Edited by bielesibub
  • Like 1

Today the system has spewed out the following 6 horses, probably against my better judgement I've splashed out on a not so lucky 63.

STRATFORD 1310 NICKLE BACK
WOLVERHAMPTON 1520 TURNER GIRL
THURLES 1625 CHARLIE BUCKETT
CHELMSFORD 1730 BULLDOG DRUMMOND
CHELMSFORD 1800 WONDER SMILE
CHELMSFORD 2030 MOOGIE

That'll be £6.30 I'll never see again.

Yesterdays - lost, won and void. £1.40 down, £1.40 back. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by bielesibub
1625 wrong horse
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

Today the system has spewed out the following 6 horses, probably against my better judgement I've splashed out on a not so lucky 63.

STRATFORD 1310 NICKLE BACK
WOLVERHAMPTON 1520 TURNER GIRL
THURLES 1625 TURNER GIRL
CHELMSFORD 1730 BULLDOG DRUMMOND
CHELMSFORD 1800 WONDER SMILE
CHELMSFORD 2030 MOOGIE

That'll be £6.30 I'll never see again.

Yesterdays - lost, won and void. £1.40 down, £1.40 back. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Good luck with them mate. £6.30 isn't that bad a stake to guinea pig a system. All trial and error.

I seen Fakenham was abandoned after the first race yesterday due to the adverse weather. Hopefully Ascot and Wetherby are okay come Saturday.

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Good luck with them mate. £6.30 isn't that bad a stake to guinea pig a system. All trial and error.

I seen Fakenham was abandoned after the first race yesterday due to the adverse weather. Hopefully Ascot and Wetherby are okay come Saturday.

watched that first race - 2 horses slipped on the same bend (think both were OK) so it was a no brainer

5 hours ago, tomav84 said:

watched that first race - 2 horses slipped on the same bend (think both were OK) so it was a no brainer

Glad they are okay. The horses and jockeys safety are the most important, and based on what you've said then  they were absolutely right to abandon the meeting.

10 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Yeah I didn’t even look at Wetherby today because knew it would be abandoned. It will be on tomorrow and ascot .

I had a quick glance at today's card last night and only one race looked like it would have been worth while getting involved in anyway, but no suprise it's abandoned mate. 

for today:

NEWMARKET 1215 SHOWALONG / MAXZENO
NEWMARKET 1250 NAVASSA ISLAND
NEWCASTLE 1645 SUMMER NIGHT CITY
DUNDALK 1800 MEHMAN

I did have SUMMER NIGHT CITY at WETHERBY 1535 but thats void. I've bet 2 x not so lucky 31 £3.10 each to cover me faffing between the 2 horses in the 1215.

Yesterday's results were win, place, lost, place, place, win, £6.30 down, £7.80 back.

• Like 1

today I've gone for a Goliath, 1p per bet. *one caveat, I've never won anything from a Goliath bet.

WETHERBY 1315 GALLIC GEORDIE
ASCOT 1330 JIPCOT
NEWMARKET 1337 TIPSY TIGER
ASCOT 1405 CAP DE MATHAN
NEWMARKET 1447 YOU GOT ME
ASCOT 1515 ALTOBELI
AYR 1528 REXEM
CHELMSFORD 1600 REVOLUCION

Yesterday was a loss, £6.20 down, £2.41 back. Not being sure which horse to back in the 1215 meant I put two bets down, next time I'll stick with my first option, which would have been MAXZENO.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Wetherby on but I think I’m going to give it a miss. Small fields which is a disappointment and also heavy ground with the omission of a hurdle or two. Ascot has a better card today. 

The renewal of the Charlie Hall is a bit bollocks - 4 horses!  🙄

There's a couple of decent looking races up at Ayr. Notably 2.15, 2.53, 3.28 if you have RTV mate?

About to have a scour of the fields now across the cards and see if it's worth getting involved.

Â