March Optimism Gauge

limpid

Optimism Gauge  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think we will finish this season?

2. 2. How do you feel about this season?

• Very Optimistic
    • Optimistic
    • Average
    • Pessimistic
    • Very Pessimistic

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/03/23 at 23:59

I’m still in the same place as last month…elite manager, mid table squad but excited and optimistic for the summer and next season.  I think this season we’ll still have stumbles and we’ll have highs and lows.  

Based on this, expectations of 7th just seems fantasy land to me and I expect anywhere between 9th and 11th so I don’t know what to pick on the poll.  

• Like 3

On 01/03/2023 at 10:13, nick76 said:

I’m still in the same place as last month…elite manager, mid table squad but excited and optimistic for the summer and next season.  I think this season we’ll still have stumbles and we’ll have highs and lows.  

Based on this, expectations of 7th just seems fantasy land to me and I expect anywhere between 9th and 11th so I don’t know what to pick on the poll.  

Indeed. 9th - 11th depending on what happens when Chelsea sack Potter and whether one of the less "recognised" names above us has a dodgy run / runs out of steam.  If we beat Palace then I am pretty confident that we should be looking more at which teams above us we might sneak past rather than worrying about teams below us having good runs.

I think that means I am slightly less optimistic about this season than I was 5 or 6 weeks ago.  But then I am very optimistic of having our best finishing position since 2010/11 so maybe my "average" optimism rating is wrong.  It just feels like we may have missed a chance to be slightly more in the mix for 7th / 8th / 9th (rather than 9th / 10th / 11th) by not getting another first team starter in during January (whilst appreciating that that doesn't mean that we didn't try and / or that we might have a thing or two pretty much lined up for Day 1 of the Summer Transfer Window).

On 04/03/2023 at 07:01, nick76 said:

Density? You mean destiny? Otherwise please explain….

I think I'd prefer density -- 11 is the g/cm cubed density of technetium, which is pretty damn dangerous stuff.   

Edited by Marka Ragnos

9 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I think I'd prefer density -- 11 is the g/cm cubed density of technetium, which is pretty damn dangerous stuff.   

I bet you charm all the ladies with that kind of pick up line 😉😂

• Haha 2