Stuttering posts

lapal_fan

Question

Hi, 

As of last night, when opening the VT tab on Chrome (on mobile), some posts, sort of... "Drag", whilst others don't.  Doesn't happen to any other websites, just 40% of the posts on VT.  Looks like a graphical glitch.  Hard to describe! Anyone else having this?

(It didn't happen when writing this post!)

Im android and was on chrome, absolutely no issues with it on firefox

and if im honest i first encountered it months ago but i thought it was my phone being knackered but the way lapal describes it is exactly the same for me, can scroll through the topics and main pages but as soon as i open a thread and scroll it blurs

Just now, villa4europe said:

Im android and was on chrome, absolutely no issues with it on firefox

and if im honest i first encountered it months ago but i thought it was my phone being knackered but the way lapal describes it is exactly the same for me, can scroll through the topics and main pages but as soon as i open a thread and scroll it blurs

Really odd. At least we have a workaround for those affected.

@limpid

The issue seems to have stopped. 

I have made no changes of any sort to my device or to chrome. 

I think it's muscle memory, but like a lot of people I'm sure, when I have a couple of spare minutes I'll browse on my phone. 

So by default, I open chrome, start looking at various websites I frequent, VT being one of them. 

And hey presto...no screen tearing this morning. 

I will update if this changes, but I've gone back to threads where it was occurring, and they're fine now. 

Would be interested to hear from @lapal_fan and @villa4europe to see if they have noticed any changes since last night 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, hogso said:

@limpid

The issue seems to have stopped. 

I have made no changes of any sort to my device or to chrome. 

I think it's muscle memory, but like a lot of people I'm sure, when I have a couple of spare minutes I'll browse on my phone. 

So by default, I open chrome, start looking at various websites I frequent, VT being one of them. 

And hey presto...no screen tearing this morning. 

I will update if this changes, but I've gone back to threads where it was occurring, and they're fine now. 

Would be interested to hear from @lapal_fan and @villa4europe to see if they have noticed any changes since last night 

Even odder. Nothing has changed with the software since yesterday.

If we hadn't ruled out adverts, I'd have said it was just a rogue ad from somewhere. We've had incredibly specific ad takeovers before (once it was just users of a particular UK mobile network).