Hacked Instagram Account

LancsVillan

Is there anyone out there who can help a friend of mine (and honestly it is a friend not me, I hardly even look at Instagram)? 

They've been hacked and want to get their account either back or even deleted to protect their followers/friends from the same.

They were sent a link from a friend (who it appears had been hacked too) which when used gave the hackers even details to change her email and contact nos. They then started spamming Bitcoin BS.

Any help greatly appreciated

4 minutes ago, LancsVillan said:

Is there anyone out there who can help a friend of mine (and honestly it is a friend not me, I hardly even look at Instagram)? 

They've been hacked and want to get their account either back or even deleted to protect their followers/friends from the same.

They were sent a link from a friend (who it appears had been hacked too) which when used gave the hackers even details to change her email and contact nos. They then started spamming Bitcoin BS.

Any help greatly appreciated

When you say hacked can they still get into their Instagram account? If they can 1st thing to do is immediately change your password

Then screenshot all the images, delete every upload so the info cannot be stolen if it hasnt been already.

Then delete whole profile and create a new one would be my advice

Edited by Demitri_C

@Demitri_C- they cannot get into the account at all. Instagram support have been shocking too, they've followed all the guidelines (incl selfie reporting) and got no help whatsoever.

The account has been reported every time it posts - yet you cannot report that the account has been hacked! Unlike FB, which is simple to report

2 minutes ago, LancsVillan said:

@Demitri_C- they cannot get into the account at all. Instagram support have been shocking too, they've followed all the guidelines (incl selfie reporting) and got no help whatsoever.

The account has been reported every time it posts - yet you cannot report that the account has been hacked! Unlike FB, which is simple to report

Has your friend done these steps?

Screenshot_20221107-191242_Chrome.jpg

My Facebook account got hacked this year. Whoever did it, started putting a load of stuff in Arabic as posts. My lad reported it and all he got back was a generic message saying they see nothing wrong with the account. 

They changed the password, email linked to it etc... I tried to contact Facebook, its near on impossible. 

Luckily, whatever they were posting was obviously against guidelines and the account got closed anyway. 

I've come off all social media now. The support they offer is useless, the fact someone can then access a lot of private info, not to mention pictures of you/possibly family. It's not good enough considering what a huge company they are. 

I hope your friend has better luck than I did. I remember when we couldn't access our PayPal account as we had an old email address we couldn't get into linked to it. We phoned up and it was literally like talking to an idiot. They kept saying they'd sent us a link, to the email address we couldn't access, to change the password. Idiots. 

Happened to my niece earlier this year. She had a good number of connections (about 4,000) and had a similar sounding experience to your friend, @LancsVillan

She reported it to insta. They did nothing. She’s pretty tech-savvy and did all the right things to regain control of her account. In the end she wrote it off and started again but with 2-factor authentication. 

• Like 1

Â