Giants News

kkr

Cant say i know much about this Mundy fellow Levi. You think he could start for us?

And as for the Steelers well i think their cap is in a worse place than ours.

I've read a few Squealers fans saying that he's rubbish. Meh. 

We have WR Louis Murphy over today. Former Raider and Panther. 

Louis Murphy (visiting with the Giants per @AdamSchefter) averaged 0.86 yards per route run last year. Third lowest amount of any WR.

:lol:

Who knows, hopefully he'll prove alright.

• We've signed LB Dan Connor to a one year deal, and are meeting with TE Brandon Myers.
  • Chase Blackburn's wife has tweeted saying that it looks like goodbye. I liked Chase. :(

Just seen Aaron Ross' interview on the OS as well. Seems pumped to be back. I like that.

Myres has signed also. Quietly haad a good year with over 800 yards and 4TD. Caught 75% of targets too.

That said PFF graded him as worst run blocking TE in the league! Mike Pope will sort that out.

Keith Rivers resigned too. Needs to stay healthy.

“I heard that if the Giants hadn’t locked up TE Brandon Myers tonight he was pondering a trip to DC to meet with the Redskins.” – Ralph V.

6'3, 255. A few inches too short and a few pounds too light for my liking. Prototype TE size for me is 6'5+ 260lbs+.

That said i think this guy is purely a receiver at TE and has great hands. Replacement for Beckum not Bennett imo.

I think we go BPA but there is a good chance thst could be an OL at our spot. The more teams that reach for the average QB talent above us the better as it pushes better players down to us.

Only problem is Dallas who pick just above us. Might have to trade above them.

Steve Tisch has said he thinks its probable that a team tries to sign Cruz and that he thinks he will get more than $6m per year.

Only question is if we match it. Tisch says we are waiting to see what the ask is from Cruz and Condon.

I have heard rumours of Indy and wouldnt be surprised if they priced us out at $10m+ per year. Irsay has also been on twitter saying they are about to make a big deal for a WR. Hope not this one!

We are working to negotiate Diehl's contract down too.

If Cruz leaves NYC for Indianapolis, Minnesota or St Louis he is stupid. At least he would have someone throwing him the ball in Indy though.

If we lose Cruz because we are keeping around overpaid under performing guys like Diehl, Webster, Snee, even Tuck and Rolle then i will be livid. We can cut those players and shed loads off the cap.

If it means a transitional year to allow us to lock up Cruz, Nicks, JPP and extend Eli then so be it. In our best long term interest.

He has a degenerative arthritic condition in one of his knees and injured the other in the not too distant past.

Tells me everything that 31 other teams wouldnt stump up more than 1 year and $2m.

Louis Murphy has been described as a knife by Reese. He says one of our scouts calls guys knives and i presume its because he can cut through a defense due to his speed.

Reese suggested that he would add a new dimention to the offense and blow the top off of defenses. Should help Nicks and hopefully Cruz. Sounds good to me, excited to see it put into practice.

Myers contract is 4 years $14m but last 3 are voidable and only just over $2 guaranteed so if he does well he might stick around at $4m per, or decide to void it and test free agency. Or if he is no good we can cut for a $1m cap hit next year.

Like Boothe and his versatility. Diehl at $1m in a backup capacity could prove to be excellent business.

I think the rumoured offer is similar to what we offered Steve Smith. $7m per and probably 5 years $15m guaranteed.

Its then up to Cruz if he wants to bet on himself to reach free agency next year or the following year to cash in like Mike Wallace did. $2.8m this year as a RFA, $10-12m as franchise next year works out at $12-15m guaranteed if he makes it through this next year uninjured.

Essentially it will come down to Cruz deciding if he wants to bet on himself for $2.8m with a view to $10m+ per year and more guaranteed as a free agent or if he considers that he is playing on a rookie FA salary and takes the rise to $7m over 5 years, of which he would see every penny and cash in from playing in his own back yard, NYC and NJ, with additional sponsorship/deals etc.

Interesting poker game this one!

• 2 weeks later...
Â