Giants News

kkr

Not gonna lie, Sunday wasnt great! Especially when my focus now switches more from the NYG to how Villa are doing........

easye.jpg

I think its time to start checking out draft prospects. The combine is coming up soon so i can watch that on NFL Network and also the free agency mele which is a month today. Its once those and the draft are out the way that the real tough stretch comes in.

Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford or the guy from Clemson i thnk, Allen. If either of those are around at the bottom of the first then i wouldnt be surprised to see us take one of those guys. Beckum and Ballard will start the season on the PUP.

I think we'll just go BAP every round and then fill in the team afterwards. I've noticed in recent years Reese doesn't really seem to specifically go for team needs.

With the NFL season over that leaves me Villa, NY Rangers, NJ Nets and NY Mets. Nets and Villa are doing shit and Mets have no hope. Fortunately at this rate, the Giants may not be the only NY team winning something if the Rangers keep this up!

Yeah we tend to go BAP nearly every round but i think at the bottom of the first one of those TE's could be BAP. Id like that or a tackle/guard of some sort to upgrade the line.

I might take more of an interest in basketball and the Knicks, keep hearing stuff about this Jeremy Lin kid who is supposed to be crazy. Im looking forward to combine, free agency and the draft though. I think free agency will be quiet for the most part, the cap isnt going to increase much so a lot of teams will be reworking deals and for the free agents out there it will be a buyers market so im hoping we can get Manningham, Ross and T2 back on the cheap!

Would you take Steve Smith back? I would if he came cheap, not to replace Mario as they are different players completely, id keep Mario over SS, but seeing as he is coming back off an injury still and finished on IR im thinking he might settle for that cheap deal we offered him last offseason.

We would still need a #2 receiver though, im think of bringing SS back as the #4 to give Eli a plethora of talent and give us a lot of depth. If not Manningham as the #2 then Garcon would be an option i think if he hits free agency.

I am hoping Mario looks at what happened to Smith and takes a home town discount to stay with Eli and a winning franchise.

Basketball can be alright, think it's my least favourite of the 4 major US sports though. Doesn't help that my team is absoloute toss and has been for a few years.

When I first read your post I thought it was madness. Cruz is superb in the slot and Smith would just mean he has to move, but Smith as a #4 would be fine. I think if MM leaves we should bring someone else in, but you never know with Jerry Reese. He may very well just expect one of the younger WRs to step up and fill the gap like Cruz did with Smith. Seems quite a good group of WRs in FA though, so I'm sure we'll be able ti find someone decent if he really feels we need to.

Well we have anywhere from $1m in cap space to -$7m has been reported so i think with some people leaving that will come down but we will need to restructure a fair few also.

Restructuring doesnt have to be a bad thing though, we could convert some of their salary into a bonus and pay it them up front straight away to reduce their cap number (is my understanding) so i would imagine some of Eli, Jacobs, Rolle, Canty, Diehl, Webster, Snee might be offered money up front to reduce their cap hits.

44307865.jpg

Ernie Accorsi's scouting report, from an Ole Miss game in 2002. This report is what got you guys Eli:

Nov 2, 2002 – Ole Miss vs Auburn

Wears left knee brace… During pregame warmup, didn’t look like he had a rocket arm… As game progressed, I saw excellent arm strength under pressure and the ability to get velocity on the ball on most throws. Good deep ball range. Good touch. Good vision and poise.

Sees the field… In shotgun on most plays and his only running option is a draw… his offensive line is poor. Red-shirt freshman left tackle. Eli doesn’t trust his protection. Can’t. No way he can take any form of a deep drop and look downfield. With no running game (10 yards rushing the first half) and no real top receivers, he’s stuck with the three-step drops and waiting til the last second to see if a receiver can get free. No tight end either. No flaring back. So he’s taking some big hits. Taking them well. Carried an overmatched team entirely on his shoulders. I imagine, except for Vanderbilt, his team is overmatched in every SEC game… He’s big, never gets rattled. Rallied his team from a 14-3 halftime deficit basically all by himself. Led them on two successive third quarter drives to go ahead, 17-16. The first touchdown, a 40-yard streak down the left sideline, he dropped the ball over the receiver’s right shoulder. Called the next touchdown pass himself, checking off to a 12-yard slant… Makes a lot of decisions on play calls at the line of scrimmage, but they ask too much of him. They don’t just let him play. This is a guy you should just let play… When he’s inaccurate, he’s usually high, but rarely off target to either side… Plays smart and with complete confidence. Doesn’t scold his teammates, but lets them know when they line up wrong or run the wrong pattern… Threw three interceptions. Two were his fault. Trying to force something both times. He could have run on one of them, a fourth down play. He has a lot to learn.

Summary: I think he’s the complete package. He’s not going to be a fast runner, but a little like Joe Montana, he has enough athletic ability to get out of trouble. Remember how Archie ran? In that department, Eli doesn’t have the best genes, although I never timed mom Olivia in the 40. But he has a feel for the pocket. Feels the rush.

Throws the ball, takes the hit, gets right back up… Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can’t define. Call it magic. As [former Baltimore Colts defensive back] Bobby Boyd told me once about Unitas, “Two things set him apart: his left testicle and his right testicle.”… Peyton had much better talent around him at Tennessee. But I honestly give this guy a chance to be better than his brother. Eli doesn’t get much help from the coaching staff. If he comes out early, we should move up to take him. These guys are rare, you know.

Ernie Accorsi

Saw that Levi, think in was in Peter Kings column at some point. Acorsi said that if he is everything he though he wad then he will lead us to the win now during the last 2 minutes of the 07 Super Bowl. Looks like he was right. Acorsi paved the way for a lot of success for these Giants, he was a good GM.

Brandon Jacobs has been reiterating his desire to stay with the Giants. I think it is going to take a renegotiation to extend his deal over 2-4 more years. I hope they work it out. If he gets cut that is spprox $2.5m dead cap and we can't afford that.

Â