Giants News

kkr

Baas has also renegotiated his contract, i.e. dropped his salary from $3m to $900k meaning he gets $2.1m upfront as bonus money which is then spread out over the remaining years of his deal.

More space to work with anyway. A Goff resigning around the corner?

4 years $28.4m with £11-12m guaranteed! There is an option on the contract so i would imagine that it is after year one to protect us against re-injury.

CB's Coe and Tryon resigned. Great news about Tryon especially as the coaching staff were talking him up as making an impact and being impressive before he tackled Reggie Bush with a broken arm and ended up on IR. Nice depth at CB now.

The following is from Garafolo:

Confirming: TE Martellus Bennett on his way here for a visit. Team has identified him as their top target. This could get done quickly. #nyg

Pleased with that. In Dallas he has been criticised for effort and drops but i think he hasnt really been given a chance. He is a big target at 6'6 and a decent blocker and in Mike Pope we have the best TE coach in the league so i think he could be a beast for us.

Aditi Kinkhabwala ‏ @AKinkhabwala

Source tells me Brandon Jacobs went to NYG HQ today to see Coughlin. Said not going to rush decision and was mellow. Reunion possible?

Terrell Thomas signs “prove it” deal

Technically, Giants cornerback Terrell Thomas has signed a four-year $28 million deal with the Giants. Per a league source, however, it’s a one-year contract worth $2 million, with the remaining $26 million hinging on whether he plays well enough in 2012 to justify the team picking up the option.

It’s a common tactic used for players who are coming back from serious injury. Indeed, the contract signed by Drew Brees six years ago in New Orleans contained the same kind of provision, forcing Brees to prove that his shoulder had healed before unlocking much bigger money.

In Thomas’ case, he tore an ACL in the 2011 preseason — the second time in the same knee.

And as to the $11 million in guaranteed money that Thomas is due to earn? It’s actually an $11 million option bonus, non-guaranteed.

There’s no reason to think he won’t play well enough to deserve the payment, if he’s healthy. But last year Ravens cornerback Domonique Foxworth wasn’t the same guy a year after tearing an ACL. If Thomas isn’t the same guy in 2012, his new contract won’t extend into 2013.

link

Martellus Bennett signed for 1 year $2.5m.

An-TAi8CIAAIUe3.jpg

Good deal, 1 year to see what we have got and then if he excels we can extend him further or franchise. That is Mike Pope there already getting to work!

Payton Hillis signed with Kansas City.

Local sports talk show host, Tony Rizzo said that being a Cleveland Browns fan is like being the kid at Christmas that never gets any presents. I'm beginning to understand what he meant.

Mario lands in San Fran on a 2 year deal. They will have an awesome offense next year if they get Peyton, just ridiculous!

Weatherford resigned to a 5 year deal.

• 2 weeks later...

You now have to stop Brandon Jacobs who has signed for them also. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Was sure he would be back, all the best to him anyway. Clearly SF have taken the approach of if you cant beat them, then sign all their free agents.

Â