Giants News

kkr

The two starters are great, but Jason Pierre-Paul might be the Defensive Player of the Year. He is dominating in both run and pass. No Julius Peppers? I'm fine with that. He has not played as well as the other three and finishes fourth.

Michael Lombardi on JPP. I think he has a shot of DPOY, especially if he has a JPP type game and gets us in the playoffs this week.

He leads the league in tackles for defensive linemen with 81, next most is 71. 4th in sacks with 15.5 and he hasn't even started every game!

Eli and Cruz 99 yard TD was the 13th in NFL History and a new team record longest play.

Cruz is now the Giants all time leading receiver for yardage in a single season with 1358.

Eli needs just 13 more passing attempts to break Kerry Collins’ team record of 568, set in 2001.

Manning has 335 completions and needs five to break his own franchise record of 339, set last year.

Eli is the 1st #NYG QB to be selected to 2 Pro Bowls since Phil Simms, who played in 1985 and 1993.

Also the #NYG passing game is ranked 4th in the NFL – their highest ranking since 1973 - with a franchise-record 293.5 passing yards a game.

Eli's 14 Q4 TD passes ties the NFL record.

Last but not least for Eli, he has 7 300-yard passing games, which is another single-season club record.

Manning now has 3 400 yard games this season, he joins Dan Marino as the only 2 QB's in NFL History to throw for 3 400 yard games in a single season.

Rumours we might go after him too. Fewell's deal is up after this year, but hopefully we dont have to make a decision on that for a few weeks yet but that might give Philli first shot.

All that matters right now is ruining the Cowboys season and winning the Divison. The last time they were in one of these games @ Philli to end the season they got destroyed. I hope we do the same. Time to get hot and beat people down, none of this shitty D and 4th quarter comebacks. Dallas are inferior, lets prove it.

If we keep the D simplified like last week then i think we can slow their offense enough and force some mistakes.

I will take a win however it comes though.

TheBlueScreen Ralph Vacchiano

Here's a positive surprise: DE Osi Umenyiora (ankle) WILL practice today. #NYG

Wouldn't be the worst thing in the World to have him back on 3rd downs. Don't want him taking snaps from JPP, but 7 sacks in 8 games, we could do with him in there and push JPP inside. Might be nice for JPP to take a snap off every now and then too.

EDIT: Seems JPP thinks the same!

Jason Pierre-Paul on what the return of Osi Umenyiora means for him: "Its good. Now I get a chance to rest." #NYG

Interesting how Osi is suddenly 100% and ready to go this week, nothing like the posibility of winning the divison and being part of that to motivate you to recover quickly.

3rd down pass rusher should be his role, JPP is a pro bowl DE THIS season. If he starts over JPP.....

And then he says this so fair play:

Umenyiora said he wouldn't come back if he wasn't ready. He also said that Jason Pierre-Paul "deserves to start, no question about it." #NYG

Rob Ryan boasts of a Cowboys’ win

Posted by Mike Florio on December 31, 2011, 1:19 PM EST

Dallas Cowboys v New England Patriots Getty Images

It’s possible that Rob and Rex Ryan’s New Year’s Resolutions will include putting a sock in the place where they like to put pie. But it’s not yet January 1, so they have at least one more day (or part of a day) to keep talking big.

Rob, who coordinates the Cowboys’ defense, ramped it up on Friday with the team that just beat Rex last Saturday. You know, the same team that is 2-0 against the Ryan twins in 2011.

“They’re going down there to watch me become a champion again,” Ryan said of his family members who have arrived in New York for Sunday night’s playoff play-in game, via Ebenezer Samuel of the New York Daily News. “That’s what they’re there for, all of them. Hell, it’s a costly endeavor, but I want them to be there when we win the [NFC] East, and I’ll probably steal a couple T-shirts and make sure they get them. Because that’s what we’re there for.”

It’s not quite an overt guarantee, but a Cowboys victory is implied. Unlike past Ryan proclamations, however, Rob has pre-acknowledged the possibility of failure. “If it doesn’t work out, I’ll be pissed off because everything we got is in this one,” Rob said.

Maybe that’s the new approach for Rob and Rex. Boldly predict victory, and admit that there’s a chance they’re wrong.

Given that they seem to be wrong a lot, it could be the smartest thing they’ve ever done.

Cowboys sign a third quarterback

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 31, 2011, 7:21 PM EST

Dallas Cowboys kicker Dan Bailey celebrates with holder Mat McBriar after kicking the game-winning field goal in overtime against the San Francisco 49ers in San Francisco Reuters

All signs point to Tony Romo being just fine Sunday night despite his swollen throwing hand, but the Cowboys are taking every precaution.

The team signed Chris Greisen from the practice squad so they could have a third quarterback active against the Giants. Guard Daniel Loper was cut to make room.

Cowboys fans hope this is the last time they hear Greisen’s name mentioned this weekend or things will have gone horribly wrong.

The team also placed punter Mat McBriar on injured reserve and signed Chris Jones to replace him. Jones has punted in only one game this year.

McBriar practiced during the week, but the team decided to make the change because McBriar has been struggling with a foot injury.

PFT

The punter change could be a big deal, we were getting a lot of pressure against the Jets punt team last week. A fat bastard Ryan running their mouth, how surprising.

If ever there was a week for a crushing blowout win, then this week is it!

Ballard is out and that will be a huge loss as he was the one guy left 1on1 for most of the last game and he killed them, making huge plays late in the game.

That being said if the take the same approach again of doubling Nicks, Manningham and Cruz then we should be able to run the ball nicely on them again.

If ever there was a week for a crushing blowout win, then this week is it!

Naah, I find a coming from behind, last second FG, after a 80 yard drive to be way more rewarding.

Nerves starting to tingle yet?

Â