Giants News

kkr

If he is 3/4 of the player he was before then i would love to bring him back. It hinges on his meeting with Coughlin et al tonight, and if he and Coughlin can put all that occurred before behind them and coexist then i think he will be a Giant again.

He has more than served his time and seems to be contrite since his release and humbled by the experience which i think is probably more Dungy having influence over how he acts and what he says more than anything but he is a changed person no doubt.

Reports a few days ago were 2 years $10.5m of which 60% would be salary and the rest escalators etc.

Plax also owned the Eagles so that is more than good enough reason for him to come back in my mind, but he helped open up the offense just by his presence on the field.

My ideal WR corps next season:

Plax, Nicks, Smith, Manningham, Hixon, Cruz, Jerningan.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if we went with 7 or 8 receivers this year due to all the injuries we had at the position last year.

Jacobs has restructured his contract and so too has Rocky Bernard after it was announced he was cut so he stays.

Coughlin has extended his contract by a year.

Austin, Brewer, Williams and Jernigan have all signed so far from the draft.

Rich Seubert first Giant into the facility after the lockout was over and he was cut! Sad that he has had to go but maybe we can get him on the cheap to provide depth a few weeks down the line once he has rehabilitated properly from his injury.

At least he has this as consolation, even if it has become a somewhat of a curse:

2010Trophy1.jpg

All rookies signed now aside from the Prince.

Reportedly after Vonta Leach, FB of the Texans. Would really welcome this as he is just a massive mauler who helped lead Arian Foster to the rushing title. We signed him to an offer sheet when he was a RFA previously but the Texans matched it.

Would be a great addition after cutting Hedgecock.

Oh and Bernard has been cut again!

Anything is an upgrade on Dodge. He had his chances and repeatedly **** up. That one at the end of the Eagles home game was just pathetic. Shame about Seubert, was a decent enough player for us for a while in a number of positions.

Plax meeting went well according to Reese. He has since met with Mike Tomlin and the Steelers, with latest reports suggesting he is unlikely to resign with us and that it is down to the Steelers and Jets who are now making a big push for him.

We shall see.

Bruce Johnson lost for the season again. Real shame as i wanted to see what he had this year after showing flashes his rookie year (picking off Romo and taking it to the house!) and then being injured last season too. Ruptured Achillies also so not a small one.

Osi still being a bitch, kind of leaning towards if he wants to be a distraction and his only priority now is to get himself some $$ then he can do one. Need more guys like Jacobs who restructured so we could bring Bradshaw back. That said i hope Osi just shuts up and plays now and maybe next year they can talk when we sort out the cap situation some more.

Its not that bad Dante, im far more concerned about Villa this year than i am the Giants!

I think we will be a 10 win team again, its just whether or not that is good enough for postseason in the NFC or not. I suppose that depends if its good enough to win the division or not!

What is a blow though is that TE Kevin Boss signs for Oakland at $4m a season for 4 years. I hope he enjoys losing the rest of his career, tut tut.

Not a good evening yesterday for the Giants though! 1st round pick Prince Amukamara broke his 5th metatarsal and will be having a screw put in his foot, 8-12 weeks out most likely so we might see him around the middle of the season possibly. Cant really say im surprised considering the hold out and lack of offseason conditioning and ota's etc.

Also in a rather bizarre move recent FA acquisition and someone competing for our starting TE position, Ben Patrick has decided to retire!?!! He was 27.

We don't have any cap room. Jacobs, Webster and Rolle have all had to restructure to get us under the cap. Eagles gave him $4m of which $2m is guaranteed! They have a shed load of cap room to start with which is why they are now all in. I have never hated a team as much as I do the Eagles right now. Not even the Dallas Cowboys when they were good and talking loads of shite!

Just back in June Smith was trolling on the Eagles and how their trophy case in empty etc. The video of that was still on fb until he took his page down due to all the abuse! One minute he is laughing at them the next he is signing for them. No moral low class whore for $$$, **** him. I hope Marvin Austin sits on his head when we play.

Maybe I was wrong about Reese then. If we can't even basically keep last seasons team together because we're over the cap then we're just very poorly managed and my impression of us being well run is wrong. 1 playoff appearance in 3 years and now we're in the process of rebuilding. small heath are better managed!

Steve Smith signs with the Eagles! What a **** traitor! Im off to abuse him on facebook!

XD

I know he's a good receiver, but he's just come off a big surgery ain't he? He might be a bust this season. They needed another receiver though, especially with Maclin looking like he could miss a fair few games.

Cotchery to the Squealers too. Dammit. If we passed on him though it must be for a reason.

Yes done by the Giants doctors as well! POS!

Only a few weeks ago he was mocking the eagles with the following pic:

scaled.php?tn=0&server=734&filename=jf2l.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Now he joins them. He also turned down 5 years $35m of which $15m was guaranteed before he blew out his knee. Now he and a load of ex pros go on about he had to make a business decision, well looking at those facts he made a poor one because he is down $13m in guaranteed money.

I hope he never gets a sniff at that kind of money we offered him again. A traitor and even worse, a hypocrite.

He reckons he can be back by week 2, I hope he rushes in time for week 3.

Â