Decisions decisions

Benji76

What should we do if we get Baros?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do if we get Baros?

• Keep all strikers, force competition
    • Use Vass as leverage for Distin

i was under the impression that dol said they'd be no swap deal with man city and with cahill, ridgewell and hughes that can cover CB why go for another CB .... he never said though vass wouldn't be going ...

Leverage.

Moore has come on well in the last season. He'll continue to make his mark. We can't hang onto a player who will not provide goals. Yes .. he provides pace and attacking runs but we wanna play more inside the box and Baros is a better quality finisher IMO.

Former.

I posted the following on the front page... figure it fits here too, so here goes;

I'm a bit surprised that people are ready to wave goodbye to Vassell.

Remember last year when we only had 3 strikers (including Cole) and a youth player and we sold Crouch? Vassell got injured and Cole struggled for form... as did Angel. We ended up midtable... just!

Now what are the odds of Angel redoing his knee injury? Phillip's age catching up with him and seeing a lot of the bench? Or Milan getting chopped? Too high, for mine, to risk selling Vassell.

And as for his finishing - yes, he needs to be more lethal. But we are talking about the player who broke all youth goal scoring records and an international who is, what? 24?

Sell him at your peril. With Phillips to teach him to finish and Baros/Moore to keep him keen I reckon we will see the best out of Vassell this season (barring injuries).

Former.

I posted the following on the front page... figure it fits here too, so here goes;

I'm a bit surprised that people are ready to wave goodbye to Vassell.

Remember last year when we only had 3 strikers (including Cole) and a youth player and we sold Crouch? Vassell got injured and Cole struggled for form... as did Angel. We ended up midtable... just!

Now what are the odds of Angel redoing his knee injury? Phillip's age catching up with him and seeing a lot of the bench? Or Milan getting chopped? Too high, for mine, to risk selling Vassell.

And as for his finishing - yes, he needs to be more lethal. But we are talking about the player who broke all youth goal scoring records and an international who is, what? 24?

Sell him at your peril. With Phillips to teach him to finish and Baros/Moore to keep him keen I reckon we will see the best out of Vassell this season (barring injuries).

Did we buy someone and not tell anyone?

Did we buy someone and not tell anyone?

You'd think so by some of the posts.

Mine's a hypothetical to prove a point. Take Milan out of the equation and it's just more compelling to NOT sell Vassell.

Â