Wrestling Games

Dodgyknees

33 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Yeah enjoying it. They seem to have taken all the good things from 22 and made even further improvements. Add in a much better roster and it's definitely the best WWE game for a long time.

GM Mode is fantastic now. I enjoyed it last time but didn't like how short it was so being able to play over ten seasons is great. Not sure if its the same on Switch but you can change how many brands you are up against on the PS5 version. My epic rivalry with Eric Bischoff running Smachdown with me on Raw (as Foley) has seem some great ups and downs 😀 

Only thing I don't like is on MyRise because you now have to use the default storyline gimmick and ring attire no matter how you create your wrestlers outfit and entrance music etc (The 'Lock'...urgh...).

Apart from that it's very good.

Ive got it on xbox there must be a way then to do it one on one i need to re do it again then i think.

Damn 10 seasons !!!!

Thats alot but doesnt it become a bit stale with the same wrestlers for 10 seasons or can you mix it up after season ends? Im just coming up to summerslam on mine and im 2nd behind  breeze on nxt. (Although i just shafted him on ppv veto his stars and double the price for ppvs 😂 expecting a snotty email from him)

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ive got it on xbox there must be a way then to do it one on one i need to re do it again then i think.

Damn 10 seasons !!!!

Thats alot but doesnt it become a bit stale with the same wrestlers for 10 seasons or can you mix it up after season ends? Im just coming up to summerslam on mine and im 2nd behind  breeze on nxt. (Although i just shafted him on ppv veto his stars and double the price for ppvs 😂 expecting a snotty email from him)

There's a draft after every season to keep it fresh.

19 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Thanks that sounds good. Now debating whether to restart it as i git 3 rivals. I only want one and i probably go for sonya as she is the hottest to look at 

• Haha 1

On 01/05/2023 at 20:49, Designer1 said:

So i restarted did it just 1 vs 1 finished 1st season won now on season 2. Its so much better i like that you can keep 4 of your existing roster then freshen it up.

Gets a bit tricky when the rivalries get stale so you need to sign new talent in and get the wrestling styles to match but i really like this game. Shame about SS would have liked a 4 vs 4 option for that ppv but i guess your roster has to be big to furfill that

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/05/2023 at 08:12, Dodgyknees said:

Finally got this for Pc, mostly for GM (found the game for £25, so went for it).

Any tips?

GM mode use the power cards wisely and ensure you do the correct glasses.

I won it in 5 seasons got alm tbe hall of fame trophies but have continued it. When you get past 5 season it gets harder as you bloody keep picking up injuries

• 1 month later...

Picking up Fight Forever tomorrow. I don’t expect it to be perfect, but it looks like it’ll be regularly updated and even a season pass/fortnite type addition to it. I just want a good Wrestiing game for my switch ! 

1 hour ago, Dodgyknees said:

It’s more of an arcade feel and I prefer that. Better pace, easy to pick up and play. Some issues with frame rate but so far it’s a decent game. 

How does it compare to 2k23?

Im tempted

41 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How does it compare to 2k23?

Im tempted

I don’t like 2k23, it's too “static” if that makes sense. I only play MyGm.

FF is a brand new game which they will be updating over the next 18 months with new features and updates - as well as a rumoured “Fortnite” type event/battle pass. There are issues with this game for sure and it has limitations, but I think it’s a very good start. A mix between No Mercy and the Smackdown games.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

I don’t like 2k23, it's too “static” if that makes sense. I only play MyGm.

FF is a brand new game which they will be updating over the next 18 months with new features and updates - as well as a rumoured “Fortnite” type event/battle pass. There are issues with this game for sure and it has limitations, but I think it’s a very good start. A mix between No Mercy and the Smackdown games.

Did you buy in switch or other console? 

On 30/06/2023 at 12:57, Demitri_C said:

id you buy in switch or other console? 

Switch, it's the only console i really play atm. It’s good! My partners sons and I are having a blast in multiplayer. There are issues - but I’m enjoying.

also rumours of a Here Comes the Pain remaster!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Having fun with the AEW game, but man it's been tough going trying to unlearn years of 2K controls.

Luckily I’ve never really got too into the 2k games but yeah it’s different and it is what I was looking for. Fun!

Yeah they've definitely nailed that old school, "immediate" feel.  The only thing I'd want to change at this point (and is something I think has been perfected in the other games) is use of the right thumbstick to position/flip your opponent.

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Switch, it's the only console i really play atm. It’s good! My partners sons and I are having a blast in multiplayer. There are issues - but I’m enjoying.

also rumours of a Here Comes the Pain remaster!!!!

I might get it when it lowers in price

• Like 1

Â