Wrestling Games

Dodgyknees

17 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

They need a retro wwe game. 

You know how they have mario collections why not release a wrestling one for things like no mercy, attitude era nwo vs wcw etc.

I would love that 

They were all different companies weren't they? So I imagine it would be far more difficult. 

WWF "warzone" and "Attitude" were Acclaim, and No Mercy and Wrestlemania 2000 were THQ. And I don't think either of those companies exist any more.

I mentioned in the wrestling thread I bought an N64 and started playing No Mercy last week, I did the heavyweight championship mode with Chris Jericho and the entire storyline was based on him trolling HHH and calling Stephanie McMahon a slut and a ho who has slept with the whole locker room :lol: The WWF was wild in those days.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 15/11/2020 at 01:00, Stevo985 said:

They were all different companies weren't they? So I imagine it would be far more difficult. 

WWF "warzone" and "Attitude" were Acclaim, and No Mercy and Wrestlemania 2000 were THQ. And I don't think either of those companies exist any more.

Yeah i think your right unfortunately.  What a shame. Only hope is if they do a n64 classic they might include one or two on that but guess that would be unlikely 

• 2 years later...

You could see how much the last one benefitted from the extended development time, so it will be great if they can keep the momentum up.  My only real gripe with 2K22 was how hollow the story campaign was (and I long for the day we get back to SvR levels of customisation for CAWs; whichever iteration it was where you could use the .mp3s saved on your HD for entrances was the absolute pinnacle).

15 minutes ago, villaajax said:

After 8 years I've finally recovered from a serious case of snow blindness to be able to post once again 😎

I get that. Regular white stuff on my hands left me blind. Welcome back 😁

• Like 1

WWE2k23 should be being delivered later today for my PS5.

I thought WWE2k22 was a vast improvement on previous years and as this is supposed to be even better I'm looking forward to it. 

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

I thought WWE2k22 was a vast improvement on previous years and as this is supposed to be even better I'm looking forward to it. 

Let me know how it is as im gonna grab it on xbox when i get back from barbados 

• 1 month later...
On 25/03/2023 at 15:26, Designer1 said:

How you getting on with this D ?

Ive just git ut and thw GM mode has some major improvements like match types. Only thing i dont like is that u now have 3 brands to compete with not 2 like last one which gets abit annoying when you need to keep simulating

But so far really good

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How you getting on with this D ?

Ive just git ut and thw GM mode has some major improvements like match types. Only thing i dont like is that u now have 3 brands to compete with not 2 like last one which gets abit annoying when you need to keep simulating

But so far really good

Yeah enjoying it. They seem to have taken all the good things from 22 and made even further improvements. Add in a much better roster and it's definitely the best WWE game for a long time.

GM Mode is fantastic now. I enjoyed it last time but didn't like how short it was so being able to play over ten seasons is great. Not sure if its the same on Switch but you can change how many brands you are up against on the PS5 version. My epic rivalry with Eric Bischoff running Smachdown with me on Raw (as Foley) has seem some great ups and downs 😀 

Only thing I don't like is on MyRise because you now have to use the default storyline gimmick and ring attire no matter how you create your wrestlers outfit and entrance music etc (The 'Lock'...urgh...).

Apart from that it's very good.

Edited by Designer1

Â