Tamworth (Jul 16)

VILLAMARV

Villa at the Lamb Tonight - Everything you need to know

Tuesday Jul 16, 2019
 Tamworth host an Aston Villa XI tonight at the Lamb. KO 7.45

pic_tamworth_v_aston_villa.jpg

Aston Villa have a track record of sending a strong side to face Tamworth in pre-season friendlies. In recent years the likes of Jack Grealish, Lee Hendrie, Gary Gardner and Ulises de la Cruz have featured in Kevin McDonald's outfit. Speaking to lambs.co.uk on Monday,  Tamworth Head of Senior Football Thomas Baillie said, “We know they will bring a strong team packed with quality in the way they will move the ball around. The players will be knocking on the door of the first team squad and if not then they will be Championship and Football League standard.”

As a taster the following players are expected to feature for Villa on Tuesday evening

Easah Suliman The 21-year-old central defender has been with Villa since 2012. He has already tasted senior football senior football with Cheltenham and Grimsby Town, while also featuring throughout the England youth ranks at U16 level all the way through U20.
 Callum O’Hare Solihull-born made his senior debut for Villa in the 2017/18 Championship season, while also featuring last term in the FA Cup, with further first-team games coming for Carlisle United on loan. The attacking midfield player, 21, has represented England at U20 level.
 Jacob Ramsey Ramsey is one of Villa’s brightest young stars, who was a key member of Villa’s FA Youth Cup campaign that saw them charge to the Fifth Round. The 18-years-old, was voted last season’s Academy Player of the Year and made his senior debut in Villa’s defeat to West Bromwich Albion in February.
 Indiana Vassilev American winger Indiana is a highly-rated prospect who is no stranger to
 football on a big stage, having featured for his country at the U17 World Cup two years ago.

For Tamworth Jimmy Fry will be missing due to an injury sustained on Saturday while Jordan Gough may have to sit out as well. The game may come too soon for Lathaniel Rowe-Turner who has just returned form holiday and a call will be made tomorrow. A number of trialists will continue to try and impress the management team. 

This fixture always draws a large crowd to the Lamb and we advise supporters to arrive early to allow for the demand at the turnstiles.

Payment on the gate is

•  
  •   - Adults £10.00
  •  
  •   - Children (17 and under) £5.00
  •  
  •   - Parking £2.00
  •  
  •   - Programmes available inside the ground  £1.00

Unfortunately we are not able to open the club shop this evening due to staff holidays. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

For those unable to make the game there will be full live commentary from the Lambs Media team on Mixlr. You can download the Mixlr App onto your smartphone/tablet from your App store provider and then follow 'LAMBSMEDIA' . Mixlr can also be accessed on your laptop device  http://mixlr.com/lambsmedia/ The coverage normally goes live around 10 mins before kickoff.

http://www.thelambs.co.uk/news/news/Villa-at-the-Lamb-Tonight---Everything-you-need-to-know-6113.htm

On 19/07/2019 at 15:51, Greenfly said:

Searle looks a good prospect.

I assume the lad commentating was pronouncing his name incorrect? Kept saying 'sea-rul'

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

I assume the lad commentating was pronouncing his name incorrect? Kept saying 'sea-rul'

Yeah, I thought that too. I assume it's wrong but I don't actually know.

Â