Devil May Cry 5

Chindie

Apparently this is rather good. I only ever played the original, back in 2002, but might eventually have to jump in with this.

Obviously not everyone's cup of tea but I'm intrigued with how they've mixed up the gameplay from the standard hack and slash fare.

i think i played 3 of them, when it came out if was awesome, faster paced and i'll lazily use the term a bit more arcadey than capcoms other games (RE, dino crisis, onimusha) arguably more fun than those games too, it got a bit tired and was overtaken by infamous and by a multi plat game that's going to annoy the **** out of me because i cant remember what it was called but this is getting great reviews so i'll probably pick it up (it almost sounds like the god of war series to me, came out and was great, got tired, hiatus, back with a boom, not necessarily reinventing itself just doing what it does better)

edit - its not the game im thinking of but you could say bayonetta

edit 2 - prototype!

Edited by villa4europe

I know 2 is meant to be completely shite, but I thought 3 and 4 were fairly well regarded (and also that 3 is meant to be pretty difficult)?

The Ninja Theory reboot got slated by the fan boys (his hair's the wrong colour this is bollocks!) but I think even that has its supporters.

Saying that everyone seems to think this the series height. Certainly looks astonishingly good.

from memory the series went a bit button mashy and didnt do much in terms of story telling or just anything great in general, it went too far with the style stuff but hack and slash is a hard genre to get right time after time

DmC was good

i dont think ive ever thought of the series as having a bad game, more that it just never really evolved that much or had a story that properly grabbed me which is what made it feel tired

12 hours ago, Chindie said:

I know 2 is meant to be completely shite, but I thought 3 and 4 were fairly well regarded (and also that 3 is meant to be pretty difficult)?

The Ninja Theory reboot got slated by the fan boys (his hair's the wrong colour this is bollocks!) but I think even that has its supporters.

Saying that everyone seems to think this the series height. Certainly looks astonishingly good.

3 was better than 2 but still nowhere near as good as 1. Haven't p k ayed four to be fair do cabt comment on that

Â