Ads on mobile site

LxYoungAVFC

Question

Been happening for about a week now. Ads redirect phone users to ad-websites randomly. This happens randomly without touching an ad and can happen whilst half way through reading a post. There is no way back from the ad-website so you have to close the tab and revisit the VT Homepage in a new tab. I would really appreciate it if you could find a way to fix this issue.

13 answers to this question

1 minute ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Been happening for about a week now. Ads redirect phone users to ad-websites randomly. This happens randomly without touching an ad and can happen whilst half way through reading a post. There is no way back from the ad-website so you have to close the tab and revisit the VT Homepage in a new tab. I would really appreciate it if you could find a way to fix this issue.

Please provide the information requested at the top of the forum.

When this has happened in the past, it has been narrowed down to a particular mobile network. If that's the case again then there isn't much that can be done. You could remove ads for a month by visiting the store.

Is anyone else seeing this? If so, can you post the details here? I need to know what browser you are using, doesn't it happen on other browsers and does it happen only on wifi or mobile data.

Happening to me too. iOS 12 on iPhone 7, 02 network. Safari browser on mobile.

Redirected to those scummy ‘congrats you have won’ type pop up pages no matter what page I am on. 

Ive found if I press the ‘x’ in the address bar to stop a page loading it doesn’t happen. Almost like it’s waiting for the page to finish 100% loading the blue progress bar under the web address and then hijacks it.  

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

Happening to me too. iOS 12 on iPhone 7, 02 network. Safari browser on mobile.

Redirected to those scummy ‘congrats you have won’ type pop up pages no matter what page I am on. 

Ive found if I press the ‘x’ in the address bar to stop a page loading it doesn’t happen. Almost like it’s waiting for the page to finish 100% loading the blue progress bar under the web address and then hijacks it.  

Does it happen on wifi or mobile data?

3 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Couldn’t replicate anything on mobile and it also seems to have settled down on WiFi now as well. If it happens again I’ll try and notice anything about it in terms of when/who etc...

Do you know which ISP is providing your wifi connectivity?

2 hours ago, Tayls said:

Had the same a few times today @limpid using guest WiFi at work (Zen). 

On an iPhone with latest update using safari browser. 

Did it happen on mobile data?

Looks like it's similar to last time. Only affecting iphones but this time when on wifi. There is nothing I can do to fix this. Either an ad somewhere in the network is infected (which will get fixed without my input) or it's being injected elsewhere or by something like DNSchanger (wiki).

Sorry, but either you'll have to stay away for a few days or subscribe to "ad free" for a month. The downside of an ad funded site ?